Chapter 14

It has now been a week since we arrived, and I haven't seen or heard of Stefan since the first day.

He always leaves early and comes home late.
Not like I'm complaining.

My father hasn't contacted me about any
missions, and I'm starting to worry that he's taking me out.

I could no longer stay in this house, cooped up and alone.

So I decided to go out; by myself. I wasn't sure where yet, but it was after dinner and I needed to get out of the house.

I grabbed my car keys and purse, closing the front door on the way out.

The car ride wasn't long when I reached
downtown, the lights blaring inside the club as I approached it.

I don't know why I was here, but it was an
escape.

I grabbed a few drinks and headed towards the dance floor, downing the glasses of alcohol quickly.

I wasn't sure how long I was there, swaying my hips and dancing with random guys.

When I downed another shot of vodka, it no longer burned, and instead, it slid down my
throat easily.

The intense liquid rushed to my veins quickly, spreading around my body as I danced.

One thing I was for sure didn't remember was when I had my phone in hand, dialing the number of the person I wanted to get away from.

"Elena, what." His stern voice said from the other side, making me giggle into the phone.

"Stefannnnnn," I said laughing, "I love that name."

"Are you drunk?" He gritted out.

"No," I hiccuped out, "maybe, but that doesn't matter!" I shouted into the phone, over the loud music.

"You know I wish you were here," I said to him sadly, pouting into the phone as someone handed me another glass.

"Where are you?" He asked, the sound of the chair scraping against the floor in the background.

"No where," I giggled again, taking a sip.

"Elena, I swear to g-"

"Oops sorry, got to go!" I hiccuped once again and hung up, placing the phone into my pocket.

"Who was that?" The guy I was dancing with asked, and I shrugged.

"My fiancé," I said, drinking the rest of the liquid in my cup.

He didn't seem to mind when he put his hands
on my hips again, swaying them back and forth against him.

"You feel so good," he muttered in my ear, and I drowned out his words, taking in the alcohol
and the music.

"Come back to my place," he whispered and I shook my head no.

"I have to go homeeeee," I said excitedly, licking my lips as I threw my head back against his chest.

"It will be fun," he said, "I promise there will be alcohol and music."

I gasped and turned back to him, "you promise?"

"Yes, come on," he said grabbing my hand, and pulling me away.

A punch to his face made him falter back, letting go of my hands as he grabbed onto his
bloody face.

"What the fuck?!" He shouted, looking towards the man that hit him.

A smile grew on my drunk face as I stared at Stefan, his fists clenching at his sides and his nostrils flaring.