Chapter 6

Fuck this feels good.

Wait - what?

I slowly opened my eyes, adjusting to the freshly risen sun.

I made way to move, trying to sit up from the stiff ground, but a set of hands pulled me back, sending me back towards a warm chest behind me.

I heard him grumble, and it was obvious he was still sleeping, oblivious to how close we were.

Fuck we were so close.

I could practically feel his heart beat against my back, and then I could feel it against my ear when he swiftly turned me over.

He wrapped his arms around my back, caging me into his body.

I grabbed his arm, trying to pry him off of me, but he didn't budge, his arms acting like a large
weight of steel.

"Shit," I whispered out, wiggling downwards to escape his arms.

But then I came face first with his lower half, my eyes widening as he adjusted himself, his body coming oh so close to my face.

"Shit, shit, shit," I repeated again, his arms still creating a barrier.

Why was this so hard? Why could I not escape his arms?

What I didn't expect was for him to pull me on top of him, face planting onto his chest.

He groaned again, the vibrations echoing throughout my body, sending shivers toward my abdomen, and to a place I regretted.

"Wake the fuck up," I gritted out, trying to
pull free again.

I watched as he slowly opened his eyes, not moving his arms that held me in place on top
of him.

His eyes widened as he looked down, our bodies pressed tightly together, and my face very
close to his.

"Oh-" he said quietly, a smirk forming on his face as he looked down again.

"Look at you," he cooed. "Looks like you don't hate me after all."

He didn't let go, his eyes boring into mine
as the anger started to bubble inside me.

"Me?" I said angrily. "You won't let me the fuck go."

His smile grew wider, then a quiet chuckle escaped him, his fingers slowly moving at my waist. His rough hands brushing against the exposed skin at my shirt.

"Are you sure?" He leaned forward, whispering.

I squinted, pushing myself off of him, but he only pulled me back down.

"Remember Elena," he said with a harsher
tone. "I fucking hate you."

I rolled my eyes, but his sudden harsh words making me falter for a millisecond, something I hoped he missed.

"Tell me something new," I said, his arms
finally letting me go.

My back arched when I stood up, the stiff ground making my bones rigid as I tried to walk away.

The pain had subsided, enough to get me through this mission, but I couldn't help but wince as I stepped on a branch, the slightest pain
startling me.

I could feel eyes on the side of me, Stefan's gaze burning into me as I attempted to walk.

"Here," he said to me, kneeling down in front of me and ripping the cloth from his sweater.

He took the piece and wrapped it around my ankle, the pain subsiding quickly as he tied it.

"Fuck off," I stated, pushing him away as I tied it myself.

He glared at me as he took out his phone, quickly typing into it as we stood in silence.

"The message I sent to your father just went through," he told me, giving me a quick glance as I got up.

"And?" I asked.

"He says to continue walking through the forest, and to complete the mission tonight."

I sighed, looking down the path that was ahead of us.

"We better start walking then," I told him, and he nodded as he put his phone back into his
pocket.

"I'm not fucking carrying you this time," he said harshly, giving me a side glance as he advanced forward.

I rolled my eyes again, walking past him.

"That was your choice," I stated, shooting him the middle finger as I continued the deep path of the forest.