the fallout (2003)

TW: blood

Leo and Mikey were navigating across the rooftops.

Mikey was more energetic than usual as he started to practice a series of flips and kicks while humming to himself , occasionally almost knocking into Leo.

At first, Leo tries to ignore his younger brother's antics, but as his annoyance grows so does his headache.

"Knock it off Mikey! You're starting to piss me off! he growled, trying to ignore the headache as his younger brother continued to practice his kicks and flips.

"Aw, c'mon, Leo! Loosen up!" Mikey complained, not taking the hint as he continued to flip and spring across the rooftop

With a frustrated sigh they continue on.

Mikey bumps into Leo again causing Leo annoyance to continue to grow even after Mikey quickly apologized.

But then he bumped into him again

And again

And again

And again-

Leo finally lost his patience.

As Mikey accidentally knocked into him for the seventh time Leo snapped.

He roughly grabbed his brother by the shell and yanked him back, causing Mikey to lose his balance.

He hadn't realized how close they were to the edge of the roof.

Before he could react, Mikey fell off the edge of the roof, tumbling through the air.

"LEO-?"

With a sickening thud, Mikey landed hard on the concrete below, his shell cracking under the impact.

His limbs went limp, and a pain unlike anything he'd ever felt before shot through his body.

He tried to move, but nothing worked as he lay there, struggling to breathe.

"Mikey!!" Leo shouted, running down a fire escape rushing to his brother's side.

He knelt down beside him, his heart racing with fear.

Mikey's shell was cracked and blood was seeping through, He also had a ugly bleeding gash on the back of his head.

Mikey's orange mask was getting stained with his own blood.

"Oh, no... no, this can't be happening..." Leo whispered, feeling helpless as he held his injured brother.

"Leo... it hurts..." Mikey whimpered, struggling to open his eyes.

Blood trickled from the corner of his mouth as he winced in pain.

Leo's eyes widened in terror as he saw the blood streaming from Mikey's mouth.

"Shh... it's okay, Mikey. I'm here. I've got you. Just hang in there, okay?" he whispered, tears streaming down his own face.

Mikey's vision began to fade.

He felt himself drifting further and further away.

"Leo... where are you?"

"I'm right here Mikey."

"I can't see you...Leo?

"You're gonna be ok Mikey, ok?"

"Leo ...why-?"

Mikey choked and body went limp,

He gently cradled Mikey's broken body in his arms, rocking back and forth as he sobbed uncontrollably.

"Mikey... Mikey, please... no..." he whispered, his voice hoarse with grief.

"Mikey I'm....I'm so sorry!! Please Wake up Mikey!" Leo gasped hysteria filling his voice.

Nothing

Not even a whimper came from the younger one.

Leo on the other hand,

Screamed