Two

PICTURE OF DREW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy!

XOXO

Rina Out!

Two—

"Stop moping."

"I'm not moping," I huffed, then let out a sigh. Mel gave me a pointed look before rolling her eyes and continuing to put on her eyeshadow. It was a beautiful gold and bronze color that complimented her chocolate skin perfectly. I was jealous of her. She got to dress up nicely for her beloved while I moped around, pathetically single.

"I don't understand why you're making me come on your date. I don't want to third wheel and isn't the whole point of a date being together with your beloved? Not your beloved and your depressed best friend?" I grumbled, flopping on her bed.

"How many times do I have to tell you? It's not a date. It's a small social gathering. You need to stop moping around and be social, find yourself a mate. Look at those hips! They're just asking to bear children!"

I snorted at her, "That doesn't make sense and stop pointing out my hips. Yours are bigger."

Mel smirked at me, "This is true."

I turned over until I was on my stomach, hugging one of her fluffy pillows in my arms. "So when exactly are you and Jackson going to make it official? I still haven't figured out why you're waiting. You guys are of age now."

Melrose stopped putting on her makeup and stared at her reflection in the vanity mirror on the desk she was sitting at. Her expression was somewhat sad and I sensed a longing in her gaze. I didn't mean to be insensitive with my questions, I thought it was okay to ask.

"I'm sorry for prying," I told her quickly, not wanting her to be upset anymore. It would be horrible if I was the reason she couldn't enjoy her night with her beloved. It wasn't my business and I shouldn't have meddled. As I was about to tell her this, she shook her head at me and smiled as if she already knew what I was going to say. I wouldn't be surprised if she did, it wouldn't be the first time.

"It's fine. It's nothing really, just some technicalities with our parents. Don't worry about it, it will be happening soon and you'll be the first to know about it," she beamed, but I wasn't dumb. It was clearly fake. It wasn't my business, so I didn't pry. "Shouldn't you be getting dressed?" she asked raising a brow and successfully changing the topic.

I glanced down at my sweatpants and t-shirt, then back at her. "I am."

She gave me a pointed look before pointing to the door so I could go to my house and change. I groaned, rolling over on the bed.

"I don't wanna go!" I whined.

"Drew."

It was her no nonsense tone, so I dumped myself off the bed and slunk off to my house where I could change into appropriate attire. My parents were in the living room discussing something about the upcoming arrival of the annual Human-Wolf Banquet in honor of the agreement of peace between the two. I didn't even want to think about it. I hated going and it took physical effort not to kill every human there.

They didn't acknowledge me, thankfully, probably because they knew I wanted nothing to do with their conversation. I was grateful.

Going into my closet, I browsed through the various shirts and pants, finally settling on a maroon button down and black slim fitting jeans that showed off my hips that Mel was so proud of. I had to show off my best assets to the Alphas.