Six

So I am getting really excited about this story. It is just coming to me lightning fast. Though I wanted to point out that the Wolf Society is completely different from Human Society. There are rules that they MUST follow or it could result in severe consequences, so don't get too mad at Kai. There are just some things he has no control over. He's really a sweet guy. 

Warning: A little smut in this chap, you can skim it if you want to. 

Picture of Drew!

Enjoy my lovelies! Happy Reading!

Rina Out!

Six—

It's been a few weeks now since the betrothal and people were starting to realize it. Sometimes, I'd catch the Alphas who were cruel to me, nodding their head at me and greeting me with smiles. It kind of freaked me out, but I knew that Kai had something to do with it.

And Kai...he was just perfect.

He was everything I knew he'd be. I never wanted for more with him. He was loving and sweet but still possessive and when he got jealous, it was frighteningly adorable.

Since things were going so smoothly, our parents decided it was okay to make our mating official earlier than planned. So in three days time, I will officially be Drew Lyall Hemming. I was already moving my stuff into his house.

I could see in his eyes how happy he was. Sometimes I caught him just gazing at me as if he couldn't believe this was real. Honestly, neither can I. Everything was moving so fast.

Mel kept telling me she couldn't believe I was getting Mated before her when she's been engaged longer. Especially to the love of my life.

I could tell he didn't love me yet, but it was still so soon. He was getting there. And he still doesn't know that I have been in love with him since we were kids. I wasn't sure if I was taking that secret to the grave or not.

I was a bit embarrassed by it, but I knew I shouldn't be. It felt like we've been together for years. Even his family treated me as such. I became so close to his mom, I could count on her for anything. His dad was so proud, he beamed every time he saw me.

Everything just felt so complete now. Even now, as I got ready for the lunch with his parents.

"Drew, are you ready?" Kai called out to me, fixing the cuffs of his button down. He looked so handsome with his hair slicked back and a white shirt tucked into khakis.

I hurried down over to him. He smiled, kissing my forehead.

"Ready?"

I nodded happily.

We were going to a popular restaurant in the heart of the community. His parents were going to meet us there.

When we finally reached our destination, we found his parents sitting at a table next to the open windows, overlooking a beautiful garden.

I smiled and waved. As we approached, it hit me.

No.

Not here.

Fire ran through my veins forcing me to stop in my tracks. The heat was so intense I collapsed. A few people around us gasped as Kai caught me before I could hit the ground.