Eight

Hey Guys. So this is a bit of a shorty but it gives you a little insight to Christos's character, thought not much. Christos and Asa's story will be the next book so you'll learn all about them then. 

Dedicated to @cr33pygirl because she has been with this book from the beginning, never failing to share her insight and has become a important part of the development of this story. Thank you so much for sticking with me.

PICTURE OF CHRISTOS'S FLOWERS

XOXO

Nuria♥

Chapter Eight

KAI

It happened again.

I thought once I had him back, this would no longer continue but, here I am again.

Naked.

In the middle of the woods.

I'm not entirely sure what happened, as I have no recollection of my past activities besides making love to Drew.

Drew...

He was probably freaking out right now.

I forced myself up, cracking my neck and stretching my limbs before embarking on the long journey home. Jackson was waiting for me with a change of clothes. I took them from him gratefully. As I dressed he told me, "Drew's asleep."

"How is he?" I asked.

Jackson was silent but that said enough. I sighed in defeat, heading inside. Drew was just as Jackson said he was. Asleep. Curled into a little ball on our bed in one of my t-shirts. It killed me to see the dried tears on his face.

Every time I turn around, he's hurting. I don't know what to do. I don't know how to fix this. It wasn't supposed to keep happening. I wasn't supposed to black out any more. What if I hurt him? Or the pups?

My sweet little pups.

I took a quick shower before going to make Drew's breakfast. He was going to be really hungry when he woke up. As I came back to the room, he hadn't moved. I sat beside him on the bed and gently kissed his neck.

"Drew, wake up."

He squirmed but didn't wake.

"It's time to feed the pups, love."

One eye cracked open. When he saw it was me, he immediately jumped up, but way too fast, causing a cramp.

"Hey, hey, hey calm down. I'm right here, okay?"

He frantically cupped my face, searching my eyes. No doubt looking for any traces of my being feral. A fresh batch of tears replaced the old ones.

"Please Drew, don't cry. I hate seeing you cry."

He didn't say anything, but the pain in his eyes and the helplessness in his expression said enough. He wanted answers, but for once, I couldn't give them to him not because I wasn't allowed to but because I simply don't have them.