Sixteen

PICTURE OF REXELL

Chapter Sixteen

KAI

I don't know what happened.

I was at the meeting and then I just woke up.

With my hands in Drew's chest.

The vision of my mate blurred in and out, covered in blood, pale, lifeless.

I don't know what happened.

I don't know.

I don't know!

"Kai, I need you slide your hands out quickly so we can stop the bleeding."

I heard the voice, but I couldn't understand what it was saying. All I could hear is the sound of Drew choking on his own blood.

"Kai! Snap out of it! Drew will die if you don't pull it together!"

I clenched my jaw, biting my lip to keep from screaming out my agony.

"Pull out your hands, Kai. Now!"

It was Talon.

I yanked my hands out quickly and immediately I was shoved to the side while Sherry and Talon huddled over my mate. I couldn't see what was happening, only that two pairs of arms were restraining me. I knew it was Nick and Jackson, but I didn't dare look back to check. My eyes were trained to my mate.

"Talon!" another voice yelled in panic. I looked over to see Brynn kneeling beside my unconscious pup by the wall. He wasn't moving.

Oh Goddess!

What have I done?

Rexell was crumpled into a ball, still, unmoving. I couldn't even tell if he was breathing or not.

Oh please Goddess! Don't let me have killed my mate and pup! Please! I beg of you!

I didn't know what to do. How did it get this bad? I was doing fine! It hadn't happened in so long, I thought I was better! My mate! My son!

I sobbed uncontrollably.

Sherry went to my pup, checking to see if there were any serious injuries. He gingerly lifted the pup into his arms before looking to his mate. They nodded at each other and Sherry hurried out of the room, taking my pup with him.

"Jackson, you and Melrose stay with the other pups. Brynn, Nick, help me move Drew. We need to get him to the medical facility," Talon barked the orders and everyone moved immediately. As soon as I was released, I raced to my mate's side, holding his hand.

It was too cold.

And as we traveled, all I could think was...what have I done?

When we reached the medical facility, a team of Omegas and Alphas swarmed my mate, putting him on a stretcher and immediately rushing him into surgery. I couldn't keep it together long enough to wait. Nick and Brynn were there to support me, hold me up when all strength left me.

All I could do is wait.

Sherry came to the waiting room with a small blanket wrapped bundle in his arms. I jumped up immediately, running to him.