Fifteen

As promised, I'm finishing Loving Him before I step away from wattpad. Enjoy.

Chapter Fifteen

DREW

It was cold when I woke up. In the distance, I could hear low murmuring voices. When I blinked my eyes open, I had to adjust to the darkness of the room. Only a sliver a light illuminated the room. I searched for the source and found Kai at the door with it cracked open, speaking lowly to someone.

"They said he's a liability," the person whispered to Kai. From the sound of their voice, I think it was Jackson.

"So they're going to force isolation?" Kai asked.

Isolation? What does that mean?

And who is a liability?

Kai swore and said something else but I couldn't hear what, before closing the door and running his fingers through his hair. Something he did when he was upset or stressed out.

I pulled the blanket up around my frame and sat up on the bed. "Kai?"

Kai turned around quickly and looked at me. His eyes were practically glowing in the dark.

"I'm sorry, did I wake you?"

I shook my head. "You look stressed. Is everything okay?"

Kai sighed before crawling onto the bed toward me. He easily pulled me into his lap, holding me close and petting my hair.

"Things are going to get a little bit more complicated around here. I need you not to worry about it and focus on the pups, okay? Trust me to handle it."

I wanted to protest, to demand information, but Kai's arms tightened around me, willing me not to argue.

"Okay," I submitted softly.

"Thank you," he breathed.

I nuzzled against him, letting my head fall onto his shoulder. We sat there for a bit, inhaling each other's scents before the pups started squealing.

"I'll get them," Kai said, starting to get up, but I stopped him.

"No, you rest. I'll get them."

"Drew-" he started to protest but I cut him off.

"I'm the Omega. Let me do my job. Rest."

Kai gave a small smile and I climbed off of him to get the pups. I hurried to their rooms only to find them crawling all around the crib in search of food. They've gotten so big now. Zoryn was nearly as long as my forearm. Rex was not that far behind. Rose was still really small but he was still much bigger than before.

But it was something else that caught my attention. Something that made me gasp and call out for Kai.

Kai rushed into the room worried.

"What? What is it?"

"Kai look!" I picked up Zoryn who immediately started sniffing around my chest, looking for a teat.

But...his eyes were open.

They were a deep chocolate brown that matched my own. Kai smiled widely, before looking over at Rex and pulling him into his arms. Rex's eyes were open too. And they too were dark brown like mine.