Seven

So stuff happens in this one...

Dedicated to @nalakahi for being a dedicated reader and commenter as well as providing so much support. You are always the first to read and vote and it honestly warms my heart, so thank you!

WARNING: contains slight smut

PICTURE OF JACKSON

XOXO

Firelipz♥

Chapter Seven

DREW

For once, I didn't wake up screaming. Granted, it was a forced slumber, but I was actually able to wake up somewhat peacefully.

I could feel fingers sifting through my scalp and a wonderful scent wafted through my nostrils. I didn't bother opening my eyes, I already knew who it was.

"How are you feeling?" he asked, knowing I was awake.

I peeked up at my mate before sitting up and sliding up next to him so I could rest my cheek to his bare chest.

"A slight headache but otherwise I'm okay."

"I'm sorry for doing that to you," he said softly.

I didn't reply.

Sure, I was angry at him for immobilizing me not once but twice in less than an hour, especially since he knew I hated when he did that to me, but at this moment, I just didn't want to think about it.

"Are you hungry?"

My stomach growled.

"I'll take that as a yes," he grinned. "Come on, my pups must be starving."

He helped me to me feet again. I stumbled after him and almost fell but of course he caught me before that could happen. He shot me a worried look but I assured him I was fine. My balance was just a little off.

Glancing at the clock before we left, I noted that it was just after four in the afternoon. A little late for lunch now.

That didn't seem to bother Kai though. He happily whipped up a nice organic salad, heavy with protein and vitamins, which I devoured eagerly.

"I want ice cream," I declared. My taste buds were itching for some rich chocolatey goodness. Like Rocky Road or Moose Tracks. Mmm.

"We don't have any ice cream in the house but I could run out and go get you some?" he offered, grinning happily. It was his first demand from his pregnant mate and he was excited.

"Can you?" I asked returning his grin.

"Of course. I'll be right back." He kissed my forehead before hurrying out the door. I rummaged through the cabinets, snacking on whatever I could find. Sherry popped in a little later with a bottled of small blue pills.

"These are nutrient pills, they will help you regain all the nourishment you need quickly. After about a week or so, your pups should be a normal size so don't be alarmed if you start to blow up in a short amount time. Take three pills a day. One in the morning with breakfast, one in the afternoon with lunch, and one in the evening with dinner. Do not exceed the limit of three because they carry a small dose of steroids to help with the development of your pups and you don't want to overdose. It's okay for you to take all three pills right now because you weren't able to start your routine but tomorrow, follow that plan."