Five

You mean that update last night wasn't the official update for today? Seriously? So you're telling me we get two updates in less than twelve hours? Rina you are YANKING MY CHAIN!!!!

Enjoy my lovelies!!!

XOXO

Rina Out!

PIC OF KAI.

Five—

"I'm so happy for you guys!" Mel clapped. Jackson had his arm around her shoulders as he silently congratulated Kai who had his arm around my shoulders.

Someone pinch me.

It's been a few days since the betrothal and Kai and I have been taking that time to get to know one another. Really know each other.

Have we been intimate with each other? Besides a few heavy make out sessions and cuddling, no, we haven't. It was steadily becoming harder to fight the urges because my estrous cycle was nearing. I have no idea how I'm going to survive that now that I'm betrothed. I'll have to ask Mel how she does it.

I was in a happy bubble until I saw her.

This has to be a joke.

She was running toward us with her hair in a ridiculous style that strongly resembled a pineapple. Her dress was an obscene yellow color and bubbled out mid-thigh. Her long legs were encased in tall brown boots.

A growl escaped my throat.

Mel and Jackson stopped laughing and looked at me confused. I felt Kai tense beside me.

"Kai! Jackson!" Robin called out happily when she reached our picnic table.

I glared at her.

She was about to curl her lip at me until she saw Kai's arm around my shoulders. That's right bitch, back off.

"Oh! I didn't know you two were...together," she said gesturing at Kai and myself. I didn't respond, just continued to glare.

"Yeah, we were betrothed recently," Kai answered her sweetly. He didn't even seem like he cared or noticed the way she was looking at him. Did he not see how desperate she was to implant herself in our society?

"How nice!"

I growled at her fake tone.

"Drew," Kai snapped looking down at me in warning and using his dominant voice.

I barked, pushing myself closer to his side, quietly seething.

"I'm sorry, did I offend you somehow?" the human's voice was sickly sweet. I wanted to vomit...all over her ugly dress.

Ignoring her, I stuck my face into Kai's neck, letting his scent calm me down. I didn't want to look at her.

"Mind if I join you all?" She asked.

My hand squeezed Kai's side.

He better not let her ruin our date.

"I'm not so sure that's a good idea..." Jackson trailed off but the bitch ignored him, plopping right down on the other side of Kai. Her arm brushing his.

"I really like your shirt," she commented, stroking the sleeve of Kai's button down.

That was the last straw.

I yanked Kai away from her and lunged. He caught my waist before I could tear her throat out.

"You don't touch him you disgusting vermin! He's mine! MINE!"