40. I Can't Trust You

We are nearing the end of the book. These next few chapters will be in Nic's POV.

Onika Maraj
Last Stop: Disney World

            "You shouldn't trust him, Nic. Haven't you had enough already? How many times does he have to show you he's not serious about you or anyone else but himself? A jealous man is a dangerous man. Haven't you learned that? Not yet? You have little girls. Little girls who are starting to look up to you. You're no longer just Nicki Minaj. You're Onika, and Onika has children to protect."

I woke up to the sunlight beaming down on my face. Yawning and stretching my limbs, I saw that the bed was empty. Not only that, but the hotel room was quiet.

I slid my feet into my bedroom shoes and grabbed my phone.

No missed calls.

No missed messages.

Nothing.

As I walked further to the front of the bed, I saw Nilan wrapped in a blanket on the floor, playing games on her phone.

"Good morning, baby. Where's your father and sister?"

Nilan looked up with tired eyes. "He took her out somewhere early this morning. He said I couldn't come because it wasn't any of my business. I've been texting her non-stop. She won't text me back."

I furrowed my eyebrows with a sinking feeling in my stomach. "What does he mean it's none of your business...hold on."

I dialed his number quickly as I walked out of the bedroom and over to the kitchen. It was spotless in here, as if it has never been touched.

"You have reached the voicemail of..."

I hung up. Tried again once more, but still no answer so I called Neveah. Hers was going to voicemail too.

"Ni, take a shower and put on some clothes." I told her as I rushed to the second bathroom and did the same.

After showering, I opened the closet to see that Nasir's side was empty. I felt a presence behind me, it was Nilan. Her eyes were watery and pinkish as she stood there in a romper and sandals with her arms holding her body.

"Nevaeh's things are gone." She whispered with a single tear gliding down her face.

What the hell is going on here?

"Hey, hey. Don't cry. Grab your things," I cleared my throat quietly and wiped a falling tear from her face. "Just don't even worry about it."

After making sure the hotel suite was clean and presentable, Nilan and I rolled our things down to the lobby. I sat down with her in the lobby booth and called my P.R agent to have a car sent to us. After confirming that it would arrive in fifteen minutes, I went to the receptionist desk.

"Oh good! I was wondering when you were going to come down here. Mr. Jones already paid and confirmed that you would be coming down to leave this morning." She chirped in a preppy voice.

"But we wasn't leaving until Saturday. We still had three days left." I frowned.

Bridget gave me an unsure look. "I'm sorry. Mr. Jones said you requested to leave today and he and his daughter got an early start. Maybe there was some miscommunication on you all's in. Either way, I've checked y'all out for this morning."

I felt my temper rising, and before I knocked over all this shit, I simply walked away.

"Ni, the car is here. We will talk inside." I told her and grabbed our stuff.

We went outside into the car and she moved underneath me. I rubbed her arms as she laid her head on my shoulder. I didn't even know what to say. I just felt bad.

All I knew was that it was over for me and Nasir. I don't want no parts of him. Ever again.

I will also be taking him to court for full custody of the girls. One thing I can't stand is an unfit parent who's not willing to change.

A Couple of Days Later.....

Nilan Jones
Malibu, California

               I hammered the "For Sale" sign in the yard and gave my mom a high five. She laughed and pulled me to her in a hug as we walked in the empty house.

She's selling the house, and we're moving across the coast to Marco Island next weekend.

By it being almost the end of summer, Mom thought it was best to just have a fresh start. Especially because we can't find Nevaeh and Dad.

It's been a couple of days and I still haven't heard from her. It's like she just up and left me. I know it's Dad and he's the reason she's gone, but dang. It still hurts.

"I know you're hurting about your sister. I am too. But I want you to know that I got you." Mom told me.

I followed her in her bedroom and sat down.

"I just can't believe they left us. After all we've been through. They literally just up and left. Like we didn't matter."

She sighed and nodded in understanding.

"To be honest, Nilan, I've been thinking. And don't be mad when I say it. But maybe this is how it was supposed to be."

I frowned up my face. "Huh?"

Now don't get me wrong, I get that everyone has an opinion, but I know good and well I didn't meet my TWIN sister for nothing.

"The agreement was that I get you, and your dad get your sister. Were y'all supposed to meet? Yes. Because we always said we weren't going to split y'all up forever. But was we supposed to be under one roof? No. Maybe that's how it's supposed to be. Now that yall know each other, we can still plan parties and trips to where you go over with them and she comes over with us. But, baby, we aren't supposed to be under one roof together...and that's okay."

I rolled my eyes and sighed. But as much as I wanted to not admit it, she was right.

"I get it. I just hope I see her again."

And with that being said, I got up to go to my room and try one last time.

— We are nearing the end, and I updated as promised. 🩷😂

— I think I know how it's gonna end now. 🥴🥰

— Love y'all! And thanks for supporting me! 🩷🥰