23. Happy Mother's Day 😁❤️

Happy Mother's Day to all mothers & future mothers, including Nicki Minaj because she's a mommy to me ❤️☺️

Nevaeh Jones
Palm Beach, Florida

I was sitting on the side of the bed waiting for Nilan to finish getting ready. Today was Mother's Day & the beach had a little party starting in a few to celebrate the mothers. Nilan and I will be in attendance just to not seem so alone since our mother was currently not with us.

"How do I look?" Nilan asked me.

"Beautiful. You look like me." I shrugged nonchalantly.

She rolled her eyes playfully. "You're only older by thirty seconds. Whatever."

"Still the oldest, so you still look like me. Are you ready? We have to get us a good spot on the beach."

I stood up and dusted my shorts before sliding my backpack on my back. Nilan grabbed hers and I slid my feet into my sandals.

"Yeah and grab some snacks out the fridge. Matter fact, take all the snacks because it's time for us to go back to Miami. We need to find Cassidy to see what Mom said back to her." Nilan said and she rubbed Carmex on her lips.

We exited the hotel room and trotted down the steps to the first door. We used the back exit which led right on the beach and looked around at all the people. It was like a movie.

"We can go back over there to that excluded area," I pointed towards the spot closest to where we were yesterday. "And would you like to give Mom a gift for whenever we see her again? I got some money left over in my wallet."

"I have leftover money too. You wanna get her some balloons? I think it will lose a lot of air by the time she gets it." Nilan snorted.

"It's the thought that counts." I laughed a little.

"I wonder what she's doing. Usually on Mother's Day, I'd give her a lot of gifts that Glamma Carol would help me buy for her. But this year I guess things are different."

I bit my lip and looked at her with a small ounce of gilt. I knew how much she missed our mom. I missed her a lot too. But there was no way I was going to let her roam around here in Miami by herself. I'm glad I came to be with her.

Nilan was scared to call our parents back just as much as I was. I haven't even turned my phone back on again because what would I say? How would I tell my dad that a grown man put his hands on me and tried to do grown up things with me? He'd kill.

"Don't stress. Daddy always says the best gifts comes from the heart." I told her.

We cut through a lot of people to finally get to the spot. I laid down some beach towels and we sat on them facing each other.

I examined Nilan's face. Her eyes were still a tad bit puffy and slightly pinkish underneath. She still had a bruise on her left cheek that the sun was shining on. And her lip was puffy, red, and busted. Though she was still really pretty.

We went on to talk about what we were going to play on the beach when Nilan's face instantly flooded red. Her gaze was stuck on a particular thing.

"Nilan?" I waved my hand in front of her face.

Following her gaze, my eyes landed right in the eyes of my dad.

"Daddy?!"

Nasir Jones
Palm Beach, Florida

Nasir JonesPalm Beach, Florida