32. In The Process

Nilan Jones
Paris, France

            I was panicking on the inside, but I knew I was going to be alright. It's ten at night and my mom is in her office putting the final touches on her outfits for the video shoot.

She had flown back to check on me and give me my gift for my birthday which was the new iPhone 13 Pro Max, a couple of outfits, and a new gaming laptop to play Sims 4 on. She sent Nevaeh the same thing in different colors.

Nevaeh was awake as well and she was getting ready to leave for the airport since they're time is ahead of ours. We were supposed to be on FaceTime, but Dad is still home over there too.

I was becoming very impatient because there was no way I could leave until my mom was long gone. However, my flight was at eleven forty five.

"Nilan, I'm leaving. Come give me love." Mom told me from the hallway.

I stood up off of my bed and gave her a big hug. She was pretty. "I love you. Be safe." I told her.

She smiled wide and blushed a little. "I love you more. You be safe and remember our rules. I'll be home on Sunday."

"Okay. I can manage." I cheesed. "Plus I have a new bodyguard."

She gave me a kiss on the cheek. "Happy Early Birthday, Babygirl."

I escorted her down stars and she gave the new bodyguard, Marco, directions. After that, she left and I went up to my room. Marco went into the guest bedroom Mom had given him and shut the door because he must have figured I wasn't going to go anywhere.

Got that neck.

I double locked my bedroom door and went through my closet to uncover my bags. I had two suitcases, my backpack, and my duffle. I made sure to have everything I needed including my new gifts.

My phone started vibrating and it was Nevaeh. "Hello?" I answered.

"Daddy's gone so I'm about to leave for the airport. How's your end?" She said zipping up her jacket.

"My end is good. She's gone and won't return until Sunday. The fake I.D's came in today too and they look gorgeous. We look so grown-up. It's hilarious." I told her with my fake I.D in my hand.

"Really? Can't wait to see," She laughed. "Well I'm about to sneak my way out because the Uber is here. Stay on the phone just in case he's a weirdo."

"Alright."

I checked my time and saw it was going on eleven. I had time enough to fix me something to eat, so I threw on my robe to hide my clothes and went downstairs and heated me up a hot pocket.

Marco entered the kitchen. "What are you doing, Young Lady?" He asked me with a small smile.

"Fixing me a hot pocket and then going to bed. I'm so tired." I sighed lowly. "What are you doing?"

"Just making sure it was you in here and not anyone else. If you need me, I'll be up in my room. I'm worn too."

"Yeah I know the feeling," I replied back while taking the hot pocket out the microwave and going upstairs. "See you in the morning, Marco. Goodnight."

"Goodnight, Princess."

We both made it back upstairs and he turned off all the lights. He went inside of his room and I went inside of mine, locking it back.

If Marco heard me sneak past his room and into the kitchen, then he will definitely hear me sneak out for the airport. I had to make another plan.

"Vaeh, what I'm gonna do?" I whispered to her.

She looked down at the phone from inside of the Uber. "Mom has a little window thing that prevents the windows from making any noise. I found it when I was there. Use that to lift the window and climb out on the window ledge with your things. I put a ladder next to your window, so it should still be there."

"You used to sneak out?" I asked curiously.

She laughed. "Yes. I used to go out back to the ocean and sit on the pier to watch. It was satisfying."

I nodded and ate my hot pocket.

Around eleven thirty, my Uber alerted me that she was waiting down the street. I found the window things in my drawer that Vaeh was talking about and used it to lift the window. It didn't make a sound.

I pushed my bags on the ledge first and then I climbed out. Once I got the window back down, it looked like how it usually does. I placed my bags on me however I could and used the ladder to climb down. Once I made it safely on the ground, I jetted towards the street and ran down it to the Uber as fast as I could.

"Hey. Airport please." I told the woman.

"You're going alone? Where's your parents?" She asked curiously before driving off.

"Ma'am, I'm eighteen. My parents don't care about what I do." I lied with a little attitude.

The lady laughed a little. "My bad. You just have a cute baby face."

I knew right then that it was time for me to fix my hair again. I had taken the beads off because that would've made me looked ten years old or something and people would know my I.D was fake.

She drove rather quickly like I told her too and I made it to the airport just in time for takeoff. I handed the lady my flight ticket and she gave it back before I rushed through the terminal.

"I'm taking off. Love you. See you soon." I told Vaeh who was already in the air.

"Love you too. See you soon."

The call disconnected and I placed my phone on airplane mode. I stuck it inside of my bag that I brought on the plane before taking out my new phone Mom gave me. It wasn't on just yet, but it would be switched over for our birthday.

I leaned back in my seat in first class that I had all by myself. The picture of Mom, Vaeh, Dad, and I was my lock screen. We looked so happy and like a family.

Honestly, it hurt my heart to even see it because we feel like it'll never be.

— Finished my school work just to update this.

— No one guessed the right place yet that the twins are headed to.

— Y'all think they're gonna get caught? 😆

— ONE of the parents is VERY smart in this chapter. Which one you think it is? 😂😂😂

— Vote. Comment. 😘