11. I Love You

Editor Note 09/17/19: Making changes and editing as I read through so some things may be different for those who have read these chapters.

Orlando, Florida
Neveah Jones
Camp Disney - Departure

The cars were pulling in to transport all of us home. Our three weeks had ended so quickly. I spotted my dad's truck a few cars away from Nilan's mom's. Kind of weird how we won't be going back the same way we came.

"Neveah Jones! Your ride is here!" My heart dropped so fast.

"That's you." I sighed and looked at Nilan. "Don't be nervous. It's going to be okay."

"I want to cry." She spoke up softly.

Hugging her tightly, she buried her face into my shoulder. "You're the bravest twelve year old I know. I love you. Call me when you get home."

"I love you too, Twincess. Good luck over there."

"Good luck, Twincess two."

I watched her walk over to my dad's truck and slid in. I was hiding behind the sign so they wouldn't see me.

"Nilan Jones! You're ready!"

I walked from behind the sign and fiddled my fingers. There's no turning back now.

"Have a great day, Nilan." The lady told me.

"You too."

I slid in the car after Manny let me in. I took in some deep breaths. Nobody was in the car besides us like Nilan had said.

"Sooo how was camp?" Manny asked when he drove away.

"It was really good. I made a best friend." I smiled a bit. "She's sweet."

"Really? What's her name?" He asked.

"Nee Nee." I smirked.

"Ahh she sounds nice. Are you excited to see your mom?"

"YES!" I semi-yelled. "I missed her soooo much! I can't wait to meet- I mean see her!"

Manny chuckled a little and nodded. "I understand. We got you some snacks for the plane ride."

"Thank you."

We were quiet again as he drove. I mentally went over the names of everyone and where Nilan said everything was. I didn't know I fell asleep until I felt like I was falling from the sky.

I woke up in panic and looked around. I realized I was on a plane and Manny wasn't anywhere to be found. We were landing though.

Once the plane stopped moving, I got up and grabbed my bag. I went to the front and the pilot let me out.

"Right this way." Another guy led me and I grabbed my bags out from under the plane.

"Your Mom is waiting for you inside. Jane will lead you to her."

"Alright."

My nerves were acting up so bad. I couldn't believe I was about to meet the woman who birthed me. Tears went to my eyes, but I held them back because I supposed to pretend like I knew her already.

"Here she is. The little lady of the hour." Jane said when we went inside of the airport.

A couple of people turned around and then someone tapped a lady with black hair. She turned around quickly and smiled excitedly when she saw me.

 She turned around quickly and smiled excitedly when she saw me

"My baby!!!"

I dropped all my stuff and ran to her so fast, allowing her to pick me up and swing me around.

"Ohhhh my goshhhh I missed you!" She groaned still squeezing me for dear life.

The tears threatened to fall. I had to remember Nilan's mean self wouldn't cry. But, Mom smelled soooooo good and her embrace was so warm and soft.

"I missed you more." I semi-croaked in her neck.

"Come on. We got so much to do." She put me on my feet and grabbed my arm.

One of her team members grabbed my bags and we went out to the truck. I admired everything about my mom from her freshly done hair to her white painted toes. She's so much more beautiful in person. I want to cry.

I can't believe this is happening. I've finally met my mom.

Nilan Jones
On the Road

I bopped my head to the beat of the music as the airplane started landing. Daddy is supposed to be at the airport waiting. I'm so nervous it's crazy. What if I mess up?

"So you're designing this dress for a wedding? That's neat." I replied back to the lady beside me.

Her name is Ms.Flower and she's so sweet. She's a famous designer and photographer, mostly for weddings. We've been talking since I got on the plane.

"Yes I am." She giggled and showed me her designs. It's so beautiful.

"My mom would eat that dress up. She'd be so beautiful." I sighed.

"Really?" That's amazing. What is your mom's name?"

I stumbled mentally for a second and realized that no one was supposed to know I knew who my mom was.

I bit down on my lip. "Her name is Onika and I've never met her. I only have a picture of her from my dad."

She sent me a small smile. "That's sweet. You have my number. Maybe one day you will meet her and she'll need a wedding dress."

I laughed a bit. "You're so right! Maybe."

The plane begin landing and we all braced ourselves. I grabbed my belongings and waited for it to stop so that we could get off.

Getting off, I spotted a black truck by the terminal like Neveah told me it would be. My heart dropped to my feet when I saw Daddy get out of it.

"Here are your things, Miss." The pilot handed me my bags.

"Thanks." I nodded and accepted them.

Going over to where Daddy and his friends was, I dropped my bags when he spotted me.

"Daddy!" I screamed and ran to him

He picked me up and gave me a tight hug. He smelled so good. I melted in his arms.

"What's up, Baby girl? How was camp?"

"It was real good. I had fun." I smiled.

"You had fun? Mmhm. Bet not have been around no little nasty boys."

He carried me to the car and opened my door for me.

"Naw it wasn't nothing like that." I put my seat belt on.

"Good. Did you make at least one friend?" He asked and then closed the door.

I waited until he got in and drove off to answer.

"I did. And she's become my best friend."

"Oh really? What's her name?"

I licked my bottom lip and looked out the window. Smirking to myself, I answered him.

"Ni Ni."

// Ni Ni and Nee Nee 😂 Don't get used to it.

// How you feel how you feel how you feeeeel?!

// Suggestions for what should happen next:_______ Comment.