5. Day With Daddy

Malibu, California
Nevaeh Jones
Home

"Wake up, Baby girl. We got a busy day today." Daddy woke me up.

I yawned and rubbed the rest of the sleep from my eyes. He was sported in his jogging suit and looked at me with a smile.

"We got a lot to do? What we doing, daddy?" I asked.

He chuckled. "Just come on. Get dressed and meet me downstairs."

I nodded and slid out of bed.

"And don't take forever, Neveah Leilani." He warned before disappearing down the hallway.

I went to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth. My Manna did my hair in a bun so that I didn't have to do it today.

Anyway, I got dressed in an outfit to keep me cool in this hot weather. Then I slid on my sandals and grabbed my little purse.

"I'm ready." I jumped down the last step and met Daddy by the door.

"Okay. Well first we have to pick up someone so you can finally meet them. And then we'll hang out together since you leave in the morning." He explained on our way out the door.

Fear instantly sunk into my chest at the thought of me going off to be by myself away from daddy for the first time.

"I'm really going away..." I mumbled as he helped me in the car.

"It's alright. It's only for three weeks and you'll have so much fun. Buckle up."

I buckled up and he jogged around to the driver's side. Once he got in, he wasted no time in speeding out the driveway.

"So who are we picking up?" I asked because that had re-entered in my mind.

"It's a surprise." He looked in the mirror at me. "Can't say much."

"Is it my mom?" I asked, hoping just a little that it was and that we'd finally meet.

Daddy sighed annoyingly. "No. And remember what we discussed?"

I rolled my eyes and he caught me but I didn't care. I did not want to meet Starfish.

He pulled up to a big house that was brick and yellowish. The yard needed some work done and there were torn cars throughout the lot.

A lady with a yellow dress on came out. Daddy got out the car to help her. She kissed his cheek and got in, peeking at me before he shut the door for her.

"So you must be the brat? Ah I see." She said just before Daddy could get in.

"And you must be the bird? Ah I see." I retorted back.

Daddy got in as his lady friend turned fully around and stared at me. He looked between us two and let out a shaky breath.

"Savin, this is my daughter, Neveah. Neveah, this is the lady I told you about. Her name is Savin." Daddy introduced.

"Hello, Sweetie." Savin gave me a tight smile.

I stared at her, instantly wishing she would stop talking to me. I didn't like her and I never would.

Daddy shook his head at me and sped off, letting the windows down a little to air out the tension.

I can't wait to tell Manna.

As the day went by, it was good having fun with Daddy. I had totally forgot Sun was even there. We went to the park and he took me to an arcade to play games.

"Thanks for hanging with us." Daddy told Savin as he let her out the car.

"Mhm. You'll be hearing from me soon as she's off to camp." She gave him a tight smile.

Daddy closed the door before I could hear his response. The two stayed out there for a bit before Daddy got back in the car.

"How was your day so far?" He asked me as I yawned in my seat.

"It was so much fun. I had a good time with you." I told him while smiling small.

"I'm happy I could have fun with you. I have one more thing I want to do before we get you home to rest for your flight tomorrow."

"What is it nowwwww?" I playfully drug out.

"You'll seeeeeee."

We stopped by the house to get dressed again. This time I wore a beautiful outfit he had got Manna to pick out. I look so pretty, I could cry.

Daddy held my hand as we walked outside of the restaurant

Daddy held my hand as we walked outside of the restaurant. The ocean was so beautiful and the big moon was shining on the water like a mirror.

"Right here, Neveah." Dad told me.

I sat down in the seat and straightened my dress. He sat across from me and took a picture with his iPhone.

"So tell me, are you excited about camp?" He asked to make conversation.

"I'm really excited. I've never been to Disney World." I shrugged my shoulders.

"I never did get around to taking you. I'm sorry. At least you get to go for three whole weeks. Try to make yourself a new friend okay? That's your homework." He laughed.

I laughed too because he looked so goofy. "I'll try, Dad. I have a question."

He gave me his attention while looking over at me above his water glass.

"How come I don't have any siblings? You didn't want anymore?" I asked.

I didn't like being the only child. It was boring and I always had no one to play with.

Daddy coughed up a bit of his water and wiped his mouth with a napkin.

"Good question." He pointed at me and signaled for the waiter to come take our orders.

It took a while for the food to come and we laughed all night long about almost anything. He never did bring up Savin and for that, I was grateful.

As we walked alongside the beach, he carried me since my feet had started to hurt.

"Daddy?" I yawned quietly against his shoulder.

"Yeah, Princess?" He answered softly as he rubbed my head.

"I love you. Thanks for everything."

He gave a soft chuckle and hugged me tight.

"I love you more."

// How did I do? Talk to me.

Your thoughts? They are important.

Next Chapter : Nilan

I will start combining the chapters really soon 💚