1. Talk of the School

🌸💚 Edited 09/17/19: Please be mindful that the twins in the book are not the girls on my cover art of the book.

May 16, 2020

Malibu, California
Nevaeh Jones
Webster Middle

              I sat down in my little pink desk and finished coloring the drawing I was doing for my teacher.

"Put some blue in your drawing. All this pink is making me sick," Tae nudged me and tried to color on my paper with the blue crayon.

I smacked my teeth playfully. "Girl, whatever. Put some pink in yours and we will talk."

TAE'S Character Inspiration 🌸 ^

She gave me a smile and colored more of her drawing.

"You two argue every day. We all know the real color is yellow." Zendaya smiled wide showing her colorful braces.

" Zendaya smiled wide showing her colorful braces

ZENDAYA'S Character Inspiration ^ 🌸

Tae and I looked at Zendaya sideways and shook our heads. Then we all laughed at each other.

We've been friends since kindergarten and now we are fifth graders. Sadly, this is our last year together before Tae leaves for New York and Zendaya leaves for Germany. Zendaya's parents are in the military and they can't stay anywhere more than five years.

Of course I'll be here in California because nothing exciting ever happens to me and I'm always stuck here while daddy does whatever rappers do.

"Did y'all hear about the camp that Disney World is holding for three weeks? My mom said my sisters and I can go before we go to Germany." Zendaya explained to us.

"They are? I didn't know they had camps." I furrowed my eyebrows at her.

"Me either. Must be something new." Tae shrugged.