34. Paparraz

I'm going to try to get a few chapters in today since I have the day to myself. Just something special and I hope you guys will have a thankful day today. 🖤

Nilan Jones
Atlantis, Bahamas

My phone was blowing up with notifications, along with Nevaeh's, which surprised me so badly because it has never done that before.

Nevaeh rolled over and groaned. "What the heck is up with these phones?"

I grabbed mine and saw notifications from Snapchat. It was a ton of people messaging me and a few had our mom's last name as their account names. They must be her fans.

"How does Mom's fans know about our snapchats?" I frowned up. "Doesn't that mean someone told?"

Nevaeh shot up and grabbed her phone to see what I was talking about. My Snapchat was going so wild that I couldn't even get to my settings to turn it off.

"Some of the things they are saying are just out of love, but how did they find us? No one except a few people knew about our snapchats."

"I promise I didn't tell anyone. Hold on, I got a message from Skailar."

I searched through my other notifications and saw a text message from Skailar.

Skailar: Are you two ok? Your snapchat has made the media along with Vaeh's.

Nilan: Whaaaaat? How is that possible? And yes we are okay.

Skailar: Your dad's friend named Drake has a son named Jonas and he follow all of us. Drake reposted a picture of you two on his snap and told your dad "Here they are." Now people are making the connection on who y'all parents are. Here is Jonas snapchat. Block him.

Nilan: OMFG!!!!!!

"Girl, Daddy's friend Drake posted a picture of us on Snap and basically told the whole world that we're missing." I looked at Nevaeh in disbelief.

"Why the hell would he do something that like? No one was supposed to know about us. Now we might can't even leave the hotel." She retorted with an attitude. "He's so dumb!"

I started getting livid. "Yo, we need to get up and pack up. This is about to make top news for the day and our plans are definitely in the process of getting ruined."

I hopped up quickly and ran to my suitcases. I pulled out the outfit we chose last night and got dressed. Nevaeh entered the room where I was.

"Hold on, Nilan. We don't have to go anywhere remember? As long as we don't mess with anyone in the resort, we're fine and we signed a confidentiality statement saying they can't tell anyone we're here even if it is an emergency. We're fine. But we do need to change up ourselves a little for the time being since we're now exposed."

I blew out a breath of relief. "Okay yeah. I brought my 48-hour hair dye kit for our birthday tomorrow. We have a little time before we have to go down to start decorating."

"Alright well come on. I'll do yours first and then you can do mine."

She went and got the cloak. I took back off my outfit and threw on a large tee that I didn't mind getting messed up.

"I'm gonna go with the oceany-mermaid color," I spoke out to Vaeh when she came back in. "I like that green against my brown skin."

Nevaeh grabbed the dye. "I'm gonna go with a unicorn color like pink and blue. Shouldn't we stick with the same color or no?"

I shrugged. "I mean we can. It'll be pretty."

"We can just have our hair in different styles if you want to be different."