chapter twenty-three<3

irl (lilys pov)

we walked through to the kitchen, him dragging me along and pulling out a chair for me.

i sat down in the chair, watching him as he grabbed a glass from one of the cabinets and filling it up.

"hey tom i really like being here with you."

"are you just going to keep saying everything you like that mentions me?" he said, handing me the glass.

"yup!" and thats exactly what i did.

we sat in toms room, just chillling.

"hey lils?" tom said.

"yes tom?" i said, turning to face him.

"when are you going home?" my stomach turned, the thought of it made me want to cry.

even though i missed my mom, the time i had spent in the uk, with tommy, felt more like home.

"im not sure yet, but to be honest i feel more at home here." i replied, giving a weak smile.

the thought of having to say goodbye to tom was a thought itself, but not waking up to him next to me, or his horrible cooking made it ten times worse.

i just dont think i would be able to do anything properly.

"well you know your welcome here all the time." he smiled.

we sat in silence for a couple minutes before i took a deep breath in and said "tom? did you really mean what you said tonight?"

"what did i say?" he said, looking genuinely confused.

"that you liked me too" i said, getting flustered.

"shit, kinda thought you wouldnt remember that"

"so you do?"

"no- uh, yeah! well- i, uh"

"well tom i do too."

i watched as his facial expression go from a panicked look to a shocked, but happy look.

"you really do?" he said, sitting up next to me. our faces close together.

"do you think i wouldve said it if i didnt mean it?" i said, trying to stop myself from laughing.

"well.. no."

i laughed, looking right into his blue eyes. i could still feel the alcohol running through my system, but not as bad as it was.

after just sitting there for a minute, i spoke.

"um anyways i should probably just get ready for be-"

as i was speaking, i felt a hand on my cheeks and pull me in. me and toms lips pressed together. i pulled away eventually, since it had been so unexpected.

"shit im so sorry if that was weird, ive just really wanted to do it for a while now and i-"

i deicded to get him back and i think i caught him more off guard. neither of us said a word, just looked at eachother with  a grin and lay down.

tom wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me in, he felt warm and safe.

we eventually drifted off to sleep after a lot of giggles.

i woke up to the sun shining into toms room, but tom wasnt any where to be found.

i got up and walked through to the living room, where i seen tom sitting there.

"oh hey! sorry i didnt realise you were up!" he said, giving me a tired smile.

"g'morning" i said, trying to put in an effort to seem happy, when the only thing i was, was hungover.