chapter twenty-four<3

irl (lilys pov)

it was the day before leaving for the meetup, i was getting more and more excited by the hour.

me and tommy had spent the last few days packing for the trip, and doing little things like dates and (trying) to cook.

"hey tommy!" i said, sitting down on his bed. he spun his chair round to face me.

"hello, you alright?" he asked, giving me his full attention.

i nodded, "hows the vlog coming along?" in the background, i could hear music playing.

"its actually nearly finished. im really proud of it!" he said, sounding pleased with himself.

as he turned around again, i started listening to his music. i didnt know the song, but it was a really nice song. as i listened, i started to pick up the lyrics.

whats the point of a friend?

i watched as tommy started humming along.

if your on your own in the end.

i watched as his eyes darted around his screens.

with you, with them.

i watched as he typed things on his keyboard.

id go through it all again.

and thats when i realised.

id quite like...

tommy was my home.

to go home now.

--

as i watched him, he turned to me.

"what?" he said, noticing i was staring.

"tommy i dont think i ever want to leave." i sighed.

"i know, i dont want you to either." he replied, "the thought of us not being a wall apart annoys me so much."

i nodded, knowing i was feeling the same way.

"but hey lets just have fun this week mk?" he said, taking me out of my daydream.

i smiled, agreeing. but it still sat at the back of my mind. how was i going to manage without his stupid laugh, or his hugs before bed?

i just dont think i could.

as the day went on, it wouldnt leave me alone. i was going to have to go back to america eventually, but i didnt want to.

yeah my mom was there, with my little dog and my older sister, who i still wasn't speaking to. but i just couldnt leave tommy.

i decided to try and speak to someone about it, so i messaged niki, but i didnt get a reply.

i gussed that she was probably out, making the most of her time in the uk.

i messaged toby instead. because he seemed to always cheer me up.

Lily
hey toby! can i speak to you when you get the chance? only if your not busy of course :)

Toby!
hey lily! yeah im free right now, whats up?

Lily
well ive just been thinking recently, after we have all met up, im going to have to go back to the usa but i just really dont want to leave tommy.