the engagement<3

lilys pov <3 (fyi there is like a six year jump)

i woke up to tom walking around our room, a big smile on his face.

"good morning!" i said, getting up.

i had became more of a morning person and was getting even better at waking up in the mornings.

"oh good morning, sorry, did i wake you?" he asked, as he picked up clothes off the ground.

"no no dont worry." i picked up my phone and looked at the date. "holy shit tom is it our six years today?"

"heck yeah it is!" he said, a big grin on his face.

"wow, it just feels like yesterday we were playing on that silly survival minecraft world." i laughed.

"it was not silly, but yeah!"

"so have we got anything planned for today? i know we usually dont do anything bu-"

"yeah, need you to be ready for twelve." he said, cutting me off.

"oh uh okay!"

i looked in my drawers and found a nice dress, since it was warm out. i got changed and did my hair, realising i only had fiifteen minutes.

"hey tom have you seen my bag?" i asked, walking through to the living room.

"you wont be needing that. also you look nice!" he said, looking at me.

"well thank you, you look quite handsome if i do say so myself." i said, smiling.

"i cant believe im nearly twenty-six. i feel so old." he laughed.

"yeah haha your turning into an old man!" i said sarcastically.

"your literally a year younger than me shut up." he said, looking up at me.

"right, its twelve so are we going?" i asked, looking at him.

"yup!" he said, taking my arm and pulling me out the door.

we walked along the street near toms, bringing me to a familliar field.

"awhh tom you did this?"

"well, i maybe had a little help." he laughed.

i looked at the picnic blanket with all the food scattered out, just like the one we had when i first came to the uk.

"this is really sweet." i said, sitting down.

"im glad you like it." he said, eating a strawberry.

i started eating and so did tom.

"do you want to dance? i know its not raining but still!" he asked, standing up.

"of course i want to dance!" i said, standing up with him.

turns out tom had made a playlist with songs to dance to, just for this date.

"awh i love this song man!" he said, as love story by taylor swift came on.

"me too!" i said, and i started reenacting the lyrics.

we were just dancing along, pretending like we were romeo and juliet, when the music slowed.

is this in my head, i dont know what to think

tom stopped dancing and reached into his pocket.

he knealt to the ground,

tommy got down on one knee, looking up at me.

and pulled out a ring

i looked back down at him, a shocked look on my face

and said,

"lily carols will you marry me?"

i smiled and started nodding, a tear falling from my eye. he looked at me with a relieved smile, before standing up.

he slipped the ring onto my finger and we kept on dancing, until the song finished.

he pulled me in for a hug, and i hugged him back, smiling.

"that was the cheesiest thing youve ever done" i laughed, but really i found it cute.

"it worked though!" he said, pulling away from me.

"i guess it did." i said, looking at the ring on my finger.

--

me and tom walked home, hand in hand.

i couldnt stop smiling.

as soon as i got home i immieditaly phoned ami to let her know.

me and tom went out for dinner to celebrate, going to nandos (very classy)

i was so unbelievably happy, knowing that i was going to spend the rest of my life with him was the best thing ever.