Chapter 5 A Simple Lie

We speak of lies like they must be a fundamental tool all beings can use to get their way. Even the Fae still find good in the lie. But there is no good in the lie. It is a tool that manipulates people. Manipulating beings is a basic way to use another as a means to an end. Humans let go of that kind of manipulation ages ago. It was a long hard debate. But it came down to Intention, that is where the heart of a lie... lays?

The Fae, However, are persistent in the Minimal amount of evil they choose. Stating that evil can protect good from further evil. They say that Good and evil require balance. One would think they could learn from their younger sibling the Humans but they are set in their ways.

In the First Fae era, some Fae made their way to a new habitable planet in the next galaxy over. It had not been inhabited at that time. So they made a colony, and it flourished for ages. In the second age, the human animal entered the picture. When they first showed up the fae were unconcerned about Humans, due to their incorporeal nature. They explored the world growing with the humans. In the third Era, the Fae taught Humans of conscience, they gave the Human Animal Morals. They were trying to teach the Human world the most important lesson that took a couple thousand years to learn. Killing must be the wrong thing to choose.

Glimmer knew of the evil he placed into the universe. He knew exactly what he was doing. He knew that his home galaxy would help him change the minds of the Fae that grew up around Earth.

Glimmer opened the door to the Transport. It was going to take them to an Exit Point. The place where they could travel over two lightyears in the blink of an eye. She got into the transport. There were several places to sit and places to stand. The car moved unbeknownst to them, they sat in awkward silence as the vehicle made the trip. Until Elenor pulled something out of her pocket, fiddling it her nerves popping out of her. Small ethereal spikes came out of her Aura. To other humans, it was harmless. But for the fae it could be quite dangerous.

"What's that." He pointed to the thing in her hands.

"My brother was a bioengineer," she held the object aloft for him to see, It was a small white card a transparent film in the center. "He said he found a way to see others' aura's" This caught Glimmer off guard. She was looking at the card as she spoke. He attuned it to his DNA before he took his shift on the moon." She handed it to him. When he took it he could feel the Fae influence, it reached for him. It wasn't working before but it was now. When glimmer looked through it he saw no change. It didn't look like anything happened. After giving it a thorough inspection he handed it back.

She sat her mouth agape. "what did you do?"

It was his turn to look confused "What do you mean?"

"It's working, I mean I'm seeing things through it, you look different!" if she could turn it on herself at this moment she would see what Glimmer was seeing. Her excitement was showing itself with a gently pulsating glow.

"Weird, I'm not sure what I did, you saw, I just touched it." He held his hands up.

"well whatever you did it's working I can see this aura around you. It's kind of like an Inky Liquid. Quite mysterious, Prefect for a Detective." She smirked. The doors opened signifying the arrival at the desired location. It was a massive structure made of speckled stone. Assorted aliens were coming in and out of the building. Now it was their turn she held up what she called her aura card looking at all the life shifts and changes emotionally around her. She gaped at species of beings, humans only imagined existed entering and leaving the building. She watched Excitement pulsate, the fear drip. None of them had the same inky blackness as Glimmer, at least none going in or out at this moment. Glint and Ember were standing around a building two doors down, he had ordered them to follow him on his trip with Elenor to Mondokk.

"She looked at him Why does no one show the same aura as you?" She asked a little too observantly.

"Probably, a feature on my training as a detective. The institute taught us well to depress our emotional state, to avoid allowing it into the case we are working on." He lied yet again. They walked into the room and went to a desk Glimmer showed his badge to the attendant A Quadruped with an alien face that oozed boredom, saying "we need to get to the planet Mondokk in Andromeda, the city is..." he paused to look at his notes. "Clip." he looked to Elenor "Have you been to Mondokk?"

She shook her head. "I've never been out of my solar system much less another galaxy."

Her naivety made him turn back to the attendant. "We may need a sick bag.". He received it from a box the alien pushed through the glass. She walked next to Glimmer curls bouncing as her heels clicked on the marble floor. Could you please inform me of what is going on again? Someone has stolen my grandmother's necklace, then slipped off to the nearest galaxy... to sell it?"

He stopped "You know when you say it like that it does sound like a farce," He was staring into her eyes, "What's so special about your grandmothers necklace?" she was unsure of what to say their eyes were locked. If Elenor slipped out her card and saw herself she would see what Glimmer was smiling at. The bright spikes of golden light were stretching out in his direction telling him that it was working she was falling in love with him. He denied her, choosing not to return the feelings. She believed he was a Detective, and For the sake of all Fae Everywhere, it needed to stay that way. He continued walking.

She started walking with him again saying "I don't know, it is sixteen generations old, the ruby that sit in the center is quite large, and well it is quite valuable."

They got to a door "No overseers anywhere on Mondokk." he said opening the door with a flourish. He handed her the open bag, "take this before you walk through your gonna need it."