Chapter 7 A Dance Like No Other

Now we must speak of The Journey. Not a metaphor or an actual passage through space and time from one location to another. But rather the home of the Fae across the universe. As you well know many things in the universe don't make sense. None more than The Journey, a place where the thought of rest is an ancient memory. Where attention is in abundance because it is all for the journey. Like a boat on the river, focus and determination came easy. It was the place where Glimmer spent his whole life up until his parent condemned him to the Human world, to learn the lesson that humans were not to be trusted.

In his decades of living as a human in a human world taught him many lessons: That violence can solve many problems, that hate can protect better than any loving mother or dutiful father, and that Feelings are meant to be given freely. All these lessons came at the cost of believing the lie that his parents and all their kind believe to this day. A thousand years ago the first fae decided to create their first unlife. A son who grew with them in the journey, but as he went through the journey, the unlife they had given him began to settle causing him to want to stay in the vast crossing the Fae use like cities. Places where the many paths meet and the fae can discuss their travels with others of their kind.

Elenor was about to go to The Journey, she made her deal with the person behind the counter and retrieved her necklace and took the opportunity to purchase an egg. Not just any egg, but a scaled egg made of the purest gold. The shopkeeper was Ember the whole thing a ruse. Elenor's momentous dance was going to change the very fabric of the way she understand the universe, it was going to shred it then burn it to cinders. Glint put his hand out they rested their hands on his. A dust covered everything again as soon as it froze. As they began the walk back to the Universal Transit Hub a voice shouted from behind "Glimmer and Glint, What are you doing here. The Journey is off limits to exiled persons, you fate is sealed." It was Ember, she was executing the plan perfectly.

"Were just passing through. I promise, we will be on the way soon." Glimmer said diplomatically, he looked at Elenore her aura shifted the landscape around her, making her confusion manifest.

"Look were not here to make trouble, we were just helping this poor young lady get back to earth." glint said playing his part.

"The actions you have committed here will land you in prison for many year, worse yet, you are attempting to awaken the Dragon of Greed" Ember commanded, going off script.

Elenor looked down at the Egg she thought was just a nice decorative piece she was going to hang her grandmothers necklace on. Glint had a real concern "I can't shift us back."

"Ember, you betray me?" Glimmer shouted in frustration.

"How Could you Ember... you said you loved me." Glint fell to his knees. "I loved you. "

"I do, my love, but Glimmer wishes to shatter the very reality that all Fae and humans alike know." Her eyes betrayed the crushing pain of what she must do.

Elenor's aura grew the confusion expanding away from her encompassing Glimmer. He seized the moment, inside the aura glimmer Whispered, "If we are going to survive this you need to dance Elenor, Move with grace like you have been practicing your whole life." the confusion shrank around them, Elenor was beginning to understand. "The dragon of prophecy is on my side, he taught you all you need to know." Elenor's aura began to darken. She had placed the Egg on the ground. Maybe at this moment, she was thinking about running, but she didn't instead she began dancing. As if her movements called it forth, a piece of music began to play aiding her in the timing and motion. It was the very meaning of grace a template for the exacting motion of the very intricate dance, the Egg shook, and it was awakening. Glimmer materialized a long sword, his breast became coated in an armor with the black phoenix that marked the Grae family's royal line. As Elenor danced the most important dance imaginable, Glimmer Charged Ember. She swung first glancing off the metal enrobing his shoulder. His sword came down missing as she stepped back, He pushed harder and swung the sword back up, but before she could gain full footing it found its way into a gap in her armor near her belly. It was not deep enough to go in. Ember brought her sword down on his, breaking away from his hands, the hilt quickly came back across his face. Leaving a bruise. A thunderous roar echoed from the music swelling as Elenor pressed further into her arcane dance. Glint got in between them shouting "Stop," he pushed them apart. And for that, he got a blade, it went through his chest. "You did it," He muttered, his eyes staring at the glow illuminating his face. He was staring at the face of his dead friend, killed gruesomely by the woman he loved. And behind him an unseen future illuminated at too great a cost. The moment hung there behind him. He got up and turned around.

A voice sounded languid and deep, but inviting "I am Elenor The Dragon Of Greed and Power, what have you paid for the cost of my arrival?" Elenor was expertly holding what Glimmer assumed was the final pose of her dance, covered in a thin golden aura. Her eyes were closed and peaceful. Glimmer was afraid to look back "Everything I had left." He muttered, falling to his knees and passing out.