Chapter 15 A Way up then down

The harpies are a lot friendlier to the fae than to the humans. While they will downright attack a human, a Fae they treat with contempt. Maybe because they feel that they are the best form of the Fae, or maybe they just don't like others. Even other Harpies. Glimmer did not come to them in their form nor did any of the others opting to Look human. Nevertheless, the Harpies didn't attack. They knew who Glimmer was, the rightful heir to The Journey. They stayed back until they arrived at a large roost, nests hanging all over.

The giant nest in the center looked comfortable enough, all covered in feathers. Glimmer stood in front of it. Everyone else stood behind Garland who stopped them, his arm extended.

"Be at the main road to the Kingdom meet us there and fight alongside Your Ancient Roc one last time." Glimmer said with a raised voice. Heads popped out of the edge of the nest.

"We don't trust the exiled prince," one of them shouted

"We Follow the queen," another said.

"think of what I have learned in exile The Queen is against the prophesy the very prophesy that will free you from this arboreal prison. Don't you want to fly high into the sky in a world only for the harpies? You could finally build your temples, learn, and grow how you want to in your way. Not how some fairy does it in her world. Aren't you tired of being subjugated, don't you want to be free." Glimmer said back hoping for some change in attitude.

"The prince is not to be trusted." a lone voice crowed.

"'Deliver us, The Roc, then you shall have our aid.'" He quoted the relevant lines. "Don't trust me trust the Prophesy." he finished and turned around walking back to the party. One of them jumped out of the nest. She was taller than he expected, with long black wings instead of arms. Some grey jutting out of the black feathers told him of her age,

"You claim to be the harbinger of freedom?" she cocked her head "That is a terrible place to stand, A place that could cost you much." the other harpies were worked up, small noises coming from all around. The elder let out a loud "Caw". It became silent "Bring us our Roc Harbinger and we will follow it wherever it decides to go. Now be gone little ones take your rabble and go do what must be done." she had turned her back on them. Glimmer looked back at the party. They stood together, in awe of what they were seeing, save for Elenor who was clearly distracted by something talking in her head.

"Is that all," Elenor asked,

Glimmer waved them back the way they came. "We have said all we need to say, at least while we're here." they took a different path that led into a cave. It ended shortly after they saw a massive ornate, steel door covered in etching of the skulls of various animals, and monsters. Glimmer approached the door alone again. A smaller door opened, and a skeleton walked out. "What's going on Glimmer, never thought I would see you again."

"Hey, Glaxx, how is the kingdom fairing?"

"We have been happy, When are you going to finally die and settle down with a lovely set of bones, it is quite a fulfilling life."

"Maybe after the prophecy is fulfilled. Then I can meet you in your own Kingdom, maybe even your own world."

"Maybe, maybe, maybe," he looked back and saw the others. "Bring your friends so they can take a break like the humans do at the Finger and Eye. He led them through a skeleton building, filled with skeleton creatures. Even the lakes had skeleton mermaids and fish and the air had skeletal harpies flying with the Skeletal birds. They arrived at the tavern, The man behind the counter gasped.

Glaxx looked at him "Today's your lucky day, we have guests."