Chapter 17 A Battle Ignored.

The Battle began at the sound of the Roc's cry, high above the field of various Fae races. The leviathan flew around it letting out a long moan. Glimmer stood in the back of the ranks with Elenor. It is a little-known fact that the royalty in the fae world have a mark that bares them as what they are. The mark of the Divine Arcane always shows up in the same place. The Fairy wings of the Fae Royalty are speckled with starlight. When Glimmer spawned his wings The black edging around it almost made it blend into the night sky.

Elenor watching it unfold giggled then whispered, "Okay show me." her wings appeared like golden statues come to life light seeping out from under the scales. They rose above the battlefield, the cry of the Ancient Roc still ringing out. Glimmer offered his hand "We must make haste. There are some windows we can fly into now that we are pretending a little less. " He led them over the raging battle. She looked down at the chaos without horror.

The throne room windows came into view, the inside was buttressed and columned with marble. They landed in the window. The room below held a Creature, unlike anything that even Glimmer had seen. The king wore a silver crown with rubies in the shape of skulls, and a long black cloak covered even more layers. The king's face seemed to shift and change from one man's face to another.

A soldier opened the massive doors, leading into the throne room. "My lord we are outnumbered, our ranks diminish and theirs only grows." He said deeply worried.

A veteran standing nearby stabbed him in the gut muttering, "You can join them fool."

Lordus floated back to his throne saying, "Go take care of this" to the other people waving them out of the room. He was alone.

Glimmer looked to Elenor "I will go distract him as you get behind the throne. You should find a knob turn it and it should appear." he gave Elenor no time to react, instead jumping down and confronting Lordus face to face. "Lordus a battle rages for you to sit there and accrue power while too many undead want a new shot at life. Now we face each other in violent combat." A sword appeared in his outstretched hand.

Lordus rose standing quite a bit off the ground. His shifting Face froze on that of an older man who looked like Glimmer's father. It bothered him but he brushed it aside. "What's wrong son all those Years in The Existence make you forget the face of your own father. As I understand it Humans place a lot of importance on respecting one's father." He let out a wry laugh, it covered a misstep made by a wingless Elenor as she made her way behind the throne. "Don't tell me you've come to Fulfill that blasted prophecy, I don't believe the Dragons have the kind of influence, that you seem to think they do. They are but footnotes in time nothing more.

Elenor's Golden voice came out from behind the throne. " The dragons deem to influence whatever we like at our leisure. And we have never cared for the insolence of those in the Journey." Elenor stood up, turning her gaze to Glimmer. "It's not here Glimmer."

Glimmer Took the opportunity to try to stop Lordus. He swung the blade but Lordus was more powerful than that the instant the blade were to touch any part of him, He appeared behind Glimmer. Lordus reached out and disarmed Glimmer spun him around and embraced him. "I won't let you take me like that." the wall behind them came crashing down stone and iron flooded the great hall as the Roc came crashing in through it, only to fly off back to the fight.

The room was a disaster. A large stone came down onto them. Lordus pushed Glimmer out of the way appearing behind Elenor. "And why did you bring in an insolate human," he shouted as he reached for her. When he touched her his shouts turned to screams, agony pulsing through him.

Elenor brought her wings back out in grand display, "I am not only a Human." He shrunk back in fear. I am Elenor The Dragon of Greed, you have impressed me with your own greed foul Fae. It's a Shame you are being outmatched by your son. Today he gets the power." With grace, she slipped her hand into the many layers under his cloak and retrieved what Glimmer wanted. With her other hand, she grabbed his shoulder firmly. "Glimmer we have what we came for. I believe we can leave him to the will of the people he has been ignoring." Glimmer thought about it for a moment before he nodded, jumped high in the air and flitted out the window. Elenor let go of Lordus and took off after Glimmer. The invading army was only moments away.