Regrets | Lando Norris

Authors Note: 18+, Slight sexual references, strong language

------------------------------------------------

"Babe I'm home" said Sabrina as she entered her and Lando's apartment in Monaco. She was still on an adrenaline high after visiting her doctor. She couldn't wait to share the good news with him that they ere expecting. Sabrina and Lando had been dating for the past 3 years and although they were both still young, she was sure the McLaren driver would be thrilled to have a baby. She had to admit that she was nervous when she first took a pregnancy test 3 weeks ago. She didn't know how Lando would react and she isolated herself. Then she told herself they were so in love that he would be happy no matter what. She even stopped at the local bakery on the way home and got a small cake that said "Best Daddy" on it to surprise him. She could hardly wait to share the news with her family and friends as well. 

She didn't hear a response from Lando but heard some noise coming upstairs. As she made her way up the stairs, she heard some muffled sounds coming from their bedroom. "Yes, harder Lando.. fuck me harder." As she opened the door she called out to Lando's name again and was horrified at the sight before her. On their bed she found Lando and some blonde girl fucking. She dropped the box with the cake in it and screamed in horror. Lando turned to her and she couldn't even read his emotions. "Lando what the fuck are you doing?" she screamed out. He hardly even looked at her. The blonde girl quickly collected her dress and ran out of the room. Sabrina was sobbing at this point, sinking to the floor next to the destroyed cake. "How could you do this to me? to us?" 

Lando calmly put his sweatpants on and finally looked at her. "Please, don't act all innocent. For the past three weeks you have been sneaky and I know you were cheating on me. You didn't even kiss me or touch me these past few weeks and I know you're seeing someone else. So I did the same as you." Sabrina couldn't even process the words he was saying. She was in a state of shock from witnessing Lando fucking a random girl in their bed along with his accusation. "How could you even think I would do that to you Lando? I love you baby." He scoffed at her and made his way downstairs. She heard him grab his keys and shut the front door. 

Sabrina continued to sit there and cry. Her whole world was crashing down. In a matter of minutes the moment she thought could be the happiest of their life, and a new chapter turned out to be the worst day of her life. She had to think quickly. She didn't know when or if Lando would be back so she quickly packed a bag and called the first person she could think of who was also in Monaco. "Danny? Can I please spend the night at your apartment please? Me and Lando got into a fight and I just don't feel like I could be around him right now." Her and Danny had become close through Lando previously being teammates with him. Sabrina grabbed the last few of her immediate things- the rest she would hire movers to collect and bring back to Milan for her. She decided this was it, she was going to leave Lando after he cheated on her without even trying to discuss things with her first. She admitted it probably wasn't the best to push him away the past 3 weeks, but she was grappling with the situation of becoming a mother and being pregnant. 

On her way out she say the destroyed cake still sitting on the floor. She grabbed the box and moved it to the kitchen counter so Lando could notice it on his way back. She grabbed a piece of paper and left him a note. 

"Lando,

The reason I've been distant and avoiding you for the past few weeks is because I recently found out that I'm pregnant, with our baby. The news has left me feeling overwhelmed, confused, and unsure of how to proceed. I needed some time to process everything on my own before I could gather the courage to talk to you about it. I then realized how happy I was to be pregnant with your baby and went to see a doctor today about it. The whole ride home I was shaking with happiness to start this new chapter of our lives. I've never thought of myself to have kids at 26 but it felt right knowing it was with you. 

To think that you cheated on me out of spite of assuming I was cheating on you put things into perspective for me. I loved you with every fiber of my being. I'll probably always love you, but you hurt me worse than you can imagine. You destroyed not only my trust, but you broke my heart. I don't want to see you. I won't take away your right to see our baby if you want to be involved, but you and I are no more. I hope you get everything you want in life Lando. Enjoy your cake.

xx Sabrina"

Next to the cake box and note she placed the copy of their apartment keys and the necklace he got her for their 2 years anniversary. She blocked his number and his social media and made her way out the door. At the same time Danny's car pulled into the driveway. Max was with him and they both stepped out of the car to hug Sabrina. They could visibly see how fragile she was and didn't ask any questions. Danny grabbed her bag and put it into the boot of the car. The car ride was silent and Sabrina appreciated their understanding. She wasn't sure how Lando would react, but she felt her decision to leave was the best option for her. If there was one thing she couldn't ever forgive it was cheating.

Lando's POV

I made my way back into the house after cooling off from Sabrina catching me in bed with another woman. I wasn't proud of what I did, and I immediately regretted it after hearing her sobs and watching her face react to the two of us. In that moment I realized how much I loved her and would forgive her for cheating on me. She had been weird the past couple weeks and I couldn't take it anymore. She was always taking secret calls, stepping our for "appointments" and I was sure she was seeing someone else in Monaco. My brain went crazy thinking about who it could be. Was it another driver? I knew Charles always had a crush on her, but I didn't think she would ever be the type to cheat. Now that I've had a moment to think, I just wanted to have a civil talk with her.

I opened the door and it was quiet, I was wondering if Sabrina maybe was upstairs still. I passed through the kitchen and almost didn't notice a white box and some other things on the counter. The first thing I noticed was the house keys and her necklace and imminently my heart started to race. "No, no, no" I said to myself. Without even looking at the white box and note I ran upstairs screaming for her. I went through the entire apartment and realized she was gone, along with some of her stuff. "FUCK!!!" I tried calling her but when it kept going to voicemail I realized she blocked me. I was starting to panic and wasn't sure what to do. I went back to the kitchen to see what the note she left me said.

Tears were streaming down my face. How could I have been so stupid? I hated myself in this moment and I wanted nothing more than to take it all back. Why didn't I just talk to her? Why did I spitefully sleep with a random girl to make things "even?" I opened the white box to reveal a destroyed cake- the one she was holding when she found me and the blonde girl in our bed. I couldn't make out exactly what the cake had on it but it looked like it said "Best Daddy" on it. That only made me sob more. I sat there for the next two hours just crying and screaming. Where could she have gone? I had to try calling some of our friend in Monaco to see if she was staying with them. I needed to get her back, I would do anything to make this right. I called Charles, Danny and Alex to see if she was with any of them. Charles and Alex weren't in town so that left Danny.

I called Danny 3 times and no answer. I tried texting him and he read them without responding to me. That's when I knew she was probably with him. I grabbed my keys and ran towards the car to his apartment. I was like a madman on the loose. I swerved in and out of traffic towards Danny's place. I hardly stopped the car before running towards the door and knocking profusely. "Danny, I know she's in there, please I need to make this right!!" I opened the door to see Danny and Max standing there angrily looking at me. "What the fuck mate!" screamed Max at me. "How dare you come here after what you did to her!!" I shamefully stood there while they continued to scream at me for my actions. I just took it because I deserved it. "Where is she, please I made a mistake" I told them. Tears were non-stop running down my face and I was of the verge of a panic attack. Danny and Max looked at each other silently, almost like they didn't want to tell me, but still had a little bit of pity for me.

Max turned to me and sighed, "She's gone mate. We dropped her off at the airport and she's not coming back."