Sky Full of Stars | Charles Leclerc

Author's Note: Trying a different style of writing! Don't forget to vote and comment what/who you'd like to see in the upcoming stories :)

FYI just imagine them speaking French as they are both Monegasque! 

--------------------------------------------

It was a warm Saturday evening in Monte Carlo and Charles and Celine were heading towards the harbor to take the yacht out for a dinner sail. It had a been a while since the two had some downtime between Charles' race schedule and Celine's job. It was now the summer break and before the two headed to Greece for their vacation, they spent a couple days enjoying each others company in their hometown. 

Charles' Pista zipped through the streets and headed to the harbor- one hand on the wheel and one hand on Celine's thigh. He turned to her and smiled as he saw he looking at Monaco through her window. "Monaco is so beautiful at night" she sighed. "It sure is  beautiful" he replied, but what she didn't realize was that he was staring at her. His lips curled up into a smile. He loved moments like this. Peace, quiet and the girl he loved. Every time they were together it was like all his other worries and stresses melted away.

The past two years had been a whirlwind. Disappointing results in his races, Charles tried his best to stay motivated and encourage himself to push through despite having a terrible car two years in a row. He was internally struggling now after hearing his best friend and current teammate would be leaving at the end of the season. He was at his wits end. He was close to giving up and just accepting his fate of never winning a World Championship, until fate literally came crashing into him 2 years ago. 

He was on a jog one morning along the harbor of Monte Carlo and got distracted trying to change a song with his phone. He accidentally knocked into a woman who almost went tumbling into the concrete if it wasn't for his quick grab for her waist and steadying her. Before he could profusely apologize his breath was taken away. Before him was a stunning brunette with blue eyes staring back at him. It seemed the words were stolen away from her too because the pair spent a good minute just staring at each other. After awkward introductions, Charles insisted he buy her a coffee to apologize for almost knocking her over. After spending 2 hours together in a local Monegasque cafe, it seemed like time stood still. Charles was mesmerized by Celine. During their entire encounter she never made him feel different for being a "celebrity" and treated him like a normal guy, which he appreciated more than she knew.

That was 2 years ago, and ever since Charles was proud of himself for asking her for her number, despite Celine being hesitant at first. She attributed his kind behavior to him just being a nice guy and knew he could have any girl he wanted. She also knew his lifestyle of traveling most of the year would be a hinder. Celine came from an affluent family and traveled for work a lot herself. Charles wasn't looking for a relationship, but he couldn't help but gravitate towards Celine. He had been in relationships before, possible even in love before, but this was different. His entire mind was consumed by her. Her smile, her laugh, the way her eyes sparkled when she was happy. He made it his goal to break her walls down and convince her to give them a chance. Both swallowed their fears, and following their first date- the rest was history.  

As they pulled up to the harbor, the valet took care of the car and the pair made their way onto the boat. Charles had arrange for the staff to prepare dinner and drinks for them to enjoy watching the sunset and eventually the stars. Stars were their thing. Their first date was an evening picnic on one of the hills of Monte Carlo, star gazing. "Charles this is beautiful!" The front cabin where the dinner table was set had fairy lights spread around. There was a bouquet of tulips- her favorite flower. Charles was always spoiling her, and not just with materialistic things, but with small gestures. He knew those were her favorite. Because she had the money to buy whatever she wanted, he always made it a point to get her sentimental gifts because it made her happy. "Anything for my girl, she deserves the best" he cooed. 

As dinner was being served, the two talked about everything and nothing at the same time. It had been over 3 weeks since they had last seen each other and they reveled in catching ear other up. Wine was flowing, and both their cheeks were turning rosy. Charles was acting a bit off, but Celine brushed it off. After dinner and a delicious dessert, they retired to the big couch on the deck to watch the stars. Charles leaned back and Celine pressed her back into his chest. As they were chatting about one of their friends who was expecting a baby in 2 months, Charles curiously asked Celine about how many kids she would want, clarifying it didn't have to be with him. 

"I think 2 or 3. I want them to have each other and be a unit" she replied. "And Charlie, there's no one else I think about having kids with, you are so good with kids." His heartstring clenched at the thought of their future kids running around. A mini Charles or a mini Celine. He turned her face so he could place a kiss on her lips. If someone ever asked him what his favorite thing to do was he'd shamelessly respond that it was kissing his girlfriend. Every time they touched or kissed, electricity would course through his veins. Even after 2 years, the butterflies in his stomach hadn't disappeared. Charles was a romantic after all, one who wore his heart on his sleeve.

They continued the evening chatting and pointing out some of the constellations in the sky. Charles was running his fingers through Celine's hair while she was drawing circles on his leg. Physical touch was definitely one of his love languages. Celine laughed as he was pointing to one of the stars and butchering the pronunciation with his accent. Charles was always interested in the stars, a hobby he picked up from his late papa, who always spent evenings star gazing with his maman- it was their thing. In a way, he wanted to make this his thing with Celine to continue the tradition. Celine noticed he got quiet all of a sudden and turned to face him. She knew stargazing was something he took on from his papa, and realized he probably got stuck in a thought about him, making him sad. 

"Is everything okay amour?" she asked while placing a comforting hand on his cheek. He took a moment to respond and she furrowed her eyebrows stressfully, wondering what was bothering him. She could read him like a book, and vice versa. "I'm just...i'm so happy. I haven't felt this way in so long, and I'm afraid if I blink, you'll be gone. Pl-please... don't ever leave me" he responded. His eyes became glossy and a singular tear fell down his cheek. Celine felt her heart ache for him. Charles had endured so much loss. She kissed his cheek where the tear fell. "Charles, you have me. All of me. I'm not going anywhere. Forever and always." She intertwined their fingers and she felt Charles relax under her. They fell into a comfortable silence and the only sounds they could hear was the water treading underneath the boat. A slight breeze fell through the boat and Charles went into he cabin to grab her one of his hoodies.

Putting the hoodie on, Celine made her way to the front of the boat with her glass and leaned against the railing gazing at the night sky. She thought about how grateful she was for life to work out this way, and bring Charles to her. Charles came behind her and wrapped his arms around her. "I love you ma cherie, you're my sky full of stars. When I have a moment of doubt, I just look up and know that you're my reason, my forever." She smiled even though she knew he couldn't see it, "I love you too Charlie. I'll love you until the stars no longer shine." Charles pulled away for a moment grabbing Celine's wine glass and said he was going to get them both a refill. "Are you trying to get me drunk Charlie?" she giggled.  

A few moments later Charles returned, "here you go mon amour." When Celine went to grab the glass from him she couldn't believe her eyes. Charles was on on knee holding a red velvet box with a stunning diamond ring. She could barely speak, "Ch-Charlie... is this what I think it is?"

"Celine, as I look into your eyes, I am filled with an overwhelming sense of certainty - a certainty that you are the one I want to spend the rest of my days with, through all the ups and downs that life may bring. You are my best friend, my confidant, and the love of my life, cherie. In you, I have found not only a partner, but someone who understands me in a way that no one else ever has. You've seen me at my best and at my worst, and yet, you've loved me unconditionally through it all. You've stood by my side through laughter and tears, supporting me, encouraging me, and believing in me even when I didn't believe in myself. Today, I want to make you a promise - a promise to always cherish you, to respect you, and to stand by your side through every twist and turn that life may bring. I want to build a future with you - a future filled with love, laughter, and endless adventures. I want to wake up every morning with you by my side, knowing that together, we can conquer anything that comes our way. And so, mon amour, I have one question to ask you: Will you marry me?"

Tears were rapidly falling down her cheeks and she didn't even hesitate.. "yes, of course I will Charlie."