Baby I'm Yours | Max Verstappen

Author's Note: Done in Max's POV. Slightly on the shorter side

----------------------------------------------

"Papa! Papa!" my boys were screaming at me while running over to join me under the cherry blossom tree in our backyard. The sun had just finished setting and the stars were coming out. Hugo and Emile, our twin boys who were now 4 years, old tackled me, both sitting on one thigh each.

"Can you tell us again how you and mama met?" Hugo asked, batting his eyelashes, knowing this always worked on me and his mama. Emile was quiet, but he rapidly nodded his head in agreement. "You boys have heard this story multiple times, but if I tell you guys again, it's right to bed after" I bargained, while giggling. 

"Okay papa, tell us!!!" I smiled at how much they loved the story. Our friends and family always loved when I re-told the story of how Beatrix and I met because apparently I'm very animated. Bea always loved how detailed I was telling the story from my POV. Years later, I still remember the first time we met like it was yesterday. The boys relaxed their heads on my shoulder while I began telling them our love story. 

Honestly, Bea came into my life at a very unexpected time. You know the saying friends to lovers is the best way? We were the perfect example of it. I wasn't looking for love 8 years ago, I was in a rough place , drowned in my own self doubts and pressures of being the best in Formula One. Months passed by, and it became a robotic routine of racing and thats it. I had my fair share of hookups, but since ending things with Dilara, I never dated. 

Bea was introduced to me via Lando. They had become friends after he moved into her building in Monaco, only a few blocks away from me and Charles. She was shy around strangers, but once you got to know her she was extremely funny and easygoing. She effortlessly fit into our friend group. She didn't know too much about Formula One, aside from the race in her hometown, and of course the Prince of Monaco himself, Leclerc. She worked in PR, and she was currently looking to make a move into the entertainment side of PR. 

We started to see more of her after she accepted a job at McLaren, with Lando's recommendation. I started to get more excited every time I knew she would be around. I told myself I just enjoyed her company, but deep down the more we hungout, the more I knew I was feeling something stronger. I'd get jealous seeing other guys try to talk to her at the bars or anywhere we went out. I knew I had no right, but watching men eye fuck her everywhere we went, made me protective of her. She never seemed to be interested in their advances, claiming she wasn't looking to date, and she wasn't the type of girl who slept around. 

Months had flew by, and she suddenly became on of my best friends. After winning a race, she was the first person I wanted to hug. After having a hard day, she was the first person I wanted to talk to and vent with. She always listened to me unbiasedly, always offering great advice. Sometimes she just sat there, letting me chat her ear off and leaning my head on her shoulder. 

She had a similar upbringing with her parents. Her dad was absent, and when he was around he was verbally abuse to her and her mom. He threw money at his problems, and when she turned 18, she took all the money she saved and bought her own apartment. She didn't have any siblings, and her mom was doing her own thing. They still talked here and there, but they weren't close. She cherished her friendships dearly because they were her family. She was a genuine person. You could tell she never tried to be something she wasn't, and she always spoke her mind- even when her accent was hard to understand haha.

When the summer break was approaching, I knew few of the guys and their girlfriends were planning to yacht around Sardinia and I was nervous to ask her to join me as friends. When she agreed, I knew this was a turning point in our friendship. 1 week of intimate fun in the sun was just what we needed.