Surrender

Chapter 52.

~~~~~

POV: Falco

Part 1.

It's morning of the following day after the guardian titan had put an end to our siege on Fort Slava. It was eerie. Everything was quiet as the morning sun rose up into the sky and the sight of Fort Slava looming over us.

"We should have attacked them in the night" Gabi grumbles, as she shoveled food into her mouth.

"That wouldn't have worked, we are a tiny fraction of what we used to be" Udo tells her "We'd be just pocking the monster to come and get us anyway"

"I don't care!" Gabi shouts.

"Classic Gabi" Zofia comments.

"You should care" Reiner says as he walks up to us "We are lucky, he was being merciful"

"You could have beaten him! I know you could!" Gabi shouts at Reiner.

"You understand nothing Gabi. Did you not watch what happened yesterday? He is too strong. There are two titans he'd stand little to no chance against. The founder and the colossal, we have neither Gabi" Reiner tells Gabi, sounding like he wanted to shut her down.

"If only I was the one that inherited the armored titan then we wouldn't have this problem" Porco says as he faces Reiner while leaning against the side of the trench.

"Don't act high and mighty. I watched him wipe the rocky ground with you" Reiner says to Porco with an irritated tone.

"And I heard the same happened to you" Porco says while stepping towards Reiner.

"At least I could put up a fight" Reiner replies as he stepped towards Porco

"Stop bickering you two" We hear Zeke state with a cup of tea in his hands "It won't do us any good"

"And you!" Porco shouts and points at Pieck "Why didn't you help me?!"

"I know when to pick my battles unlike you and your hot head attitude" Pieck speaks from her titan form "You should be lucky I was able to save you. You'd be dead if it weren't for me. The guardian was about to crush you under his entire form"

"Why don't you all attack right now? Four titans against one would be an easy fight" Gabi says, sounding a grand plan in her head.

"Naive child. You cannot think that the guardian is the only one within the walls of Fort Slava. I promise that the Devil of the Walls is in there. The ruthless commander that helped push us out of Paradise" Zeke speaks then taking a sip from his cup.

"Why is there more to the enemy than you are all letting on?" Porco questions, looking at Zeke and Reiner.

"The devils of Eldia have the will to push through every obstacle in their way" Zeke says simply.

"Do you remember the first titan we ever saw Porco?" Pieck asks him, looking down at him.

"Vaguely, why?" Porco questions.

"That was the guardian. The same guardian from then is the one that faced us yesterday" Pieck speaks "He was young then. Now he's a veteran soldier with an entire country on his back"