[Chapter - 15]

Morning

Supporting his body on his elbow, Seokjin gazed at the girl sleeping beside him. Looking at her face, the only thing he could feel was hurt as well as guilt. He didn't mean to say anything to hurt her last night, but he ended up being the devil version of himself. 

Seokjin couldn't expect to see Sarang with any other man, so when he discovered Taehyung in Sarang's room, he couldn't control himself. 

Coming back from his office early, Seokjin wanted to spend more time with Sarang. He came back almost two hours before his usual return time. As soon as he excitedly went to her room, his steps halted after hearing a man's voice from Sarang's room. 

He stood there at her door and heard their talk. Sarang's voice was all cherry and happy. As he heard the manly voice, his blood boiled in anger as he fumed in rage. 

Seokjin couldn't just believe that Sarang would do this. He was sure that she didn't call him to come, but the man did it himself. He expected Sarang to refuse the man, but she sounded very happy around him. 

That time, his mind went blank, but he didn't talk to her at the same time. He made sure of the security the next day, and Taehyung wasn't able to come here last night. But what he said was just a result of his short temper. Seokjin was selfish about Sarang; he couldn't see anyone being the reason for her happiness. He wanted to be the one, but he always felt bad after failing to achieve his goal.

"Why don't you feel the same for me?" Seokjin questioned, looking at Sarang's sleeping face; his voice was barely above a whisper. "Can't you see my care for you?" 

He gazed at the face with a disappointed expression on his own face. As he was staring at her, he noticed her eyes trying to be opened.

Sarang forced her eyes to look at his face, and she squinted her eyes a bit in irritation. Ignoring him, she sat up and set her feet down. 

"Sarang," he called, stopping her. He sat up on the bed and held her forearm. He made her face him. "Why can't I be the one who makes you happy?" 

Sarang blankly stared at his eyes, which were full of sadness, but she was so blinded by his own devilish behavior that it was so easy for her to ignore his sadness.

"He just brought you flowers, and you developed affection towards him," Seokjin commanded without any mockery or scoff. "Then why is my care for all those years nothing to you?"

Sarang smiled bitterly, and he couldn't understand the significance of her smile.

"If caging me in the mansion, not letting me do my schooling, never letting me talk to anyone.. making me stay away from the only family I've, is care." Sarang looked straight at his eyes fearlessly and said, "Then I'm happy not being cared for."

Sarang's confession left him speechless. He obviously did those things, but how could she forget how much he tried to secure her? 

___

Seokjin slammed his hand on the wooden table of his cabin in frustration. Remembering the event of the morning, he couldn't even focus on anything after coming into the office. 

"How could she say I don't care for her?" He asked. His voice was cracking up, as if he found it hard to even talk. 

Ever since he came to office, he has been off-minded. His secretary even had to cancel two meetings already due to his absence. 

Sitting on his leather chair as CEO, all Seokjin's mind could reflect was the memory of their past. He was so devastated by the way she effortlessly accused him of not caring for her, while all he did till today was because of her safety.