[Chapter - 16]

Night,10:30 PM

Sarang was sitting on the couch in her room, looking outside through the window. The night sky felt so calm and relaxing that it steadied her mess-up mental state. 

The peaceful moment was disturbed when the door of her room opened, revealing Seokjin there. He had his casual outfit on himself with a gentle expression without any anger or roughness. Sarang kept on staring as he neared her and stood across from her. 

"Let's go outside," he proposed, holding one of her hands up.

She surprisingly gazed at his usual gesture but stood up. He locked their fingers before taking steps out of the room. Looking down at their hands, Sarang felt strangely warm as she smiled. 

Why can't this man only show this side of him? Sarang thought. 

She was brought to their vase garden. She looked up at him with suspicious eyes and asked, "Why?"

"Let's take a walk under the delicate moonlight." He smiled, pulling her closer to his body even more.

They stepped ahead, roaming the garden barefoot, feeling the grass collapse under their feet as the smooth wind brushed their skin softly. 

"Sarang, you remember once we had made a tree house in these three?" Seokjin stopped pointing at the tall tree in front of them.

Sarang cluelessly observed the tree, but she barely remembered about making a tree house there. She still nodded, agreeing with him.

He pulled her to a small pond in the back of their house and made her sit on the swing right beside the pond. He slowly swung the swing, making a small oscillation back and forth. The motion of the swing mixed with the mil wind, making Sarang's black hairs flew and come near her eyes and cheeks. She was so unbothered, and he was lost starring at her. 

He smiled as if he were seeing the most beautiful woman in the world in front of his eyes. 

"Sarang, you remember when you were so short that even this pond was higher for you?" He chuckled silently as his eyes glittered with sparkle. Under the moonlight, his dark eyes were shining.

Sarang was too clueless about whatever he was saying. Her mind couldn't remember any of those moments that Seokjin was talking about. If she was involved in those memories, then why can't her own brain recollect them? 

Turning to him, she listened as he kept on mentioning the events that may have happened in their childhood. The way he narrated everything, she was sure they weren't just stories that he made up. 

"You remember our farm house? Every month, we used to go there. "

"I don't," she said out of the blue.

He paused, looking at her face amusedly. "You don't remember? We had decorated your room with natural flowers there, but they were rotten in two days."

Sarang gulped, looking away from him, thinking deeply about the incident. Her mind couldn't proceed to remember any happy memories of her childhood, aside from a few of them in which Jimin was included.

"Sarang--"

"I want to sleep," she said, restless as she felt her head spinning for pressuring it too much to remember the incident. 

Seokjin didn't say anything and just took her back to her room. Sarang laid down after cleaning her feet, and Seokjin was sitting on the edge of her bed, thinking something. 

There were so many things that were going on in his mind. Sarang's condition was also affected by the message from that unknown number. Everything was collapsing in his mind, creating a mess on his thinking level.