[Chapter - 17]

"Sarang," 

Seokjin called out as she lifted up her eyelashes while tying his tie. He looked down at her face and felt like she's the most precious thing he had ever gotten in his life. 

He cupped her face gently, caressing her cheek with his thumb, and took a deep breath. "Stay in my room."

"Huh?" She responded with a bit of confusion.

"Don't go outside the room until I'm around." He said, tilting his head to the side, "Alright?"

Sarang looked down at his chest and finished tying up his tie before nodding in response. 

He smiled, then drew a kiss on her forehead. The kiss was warm and gentle, which resembled sincerity and importance. Sarang looked up at him, and he let go of her and stepped back. 

Seokjin wanted to stay with her so she wouldn't leave him. After all those years, he was finally scared of something—losing her. His mind couldn't stop thinking about whether she would leave him and go away! 

He preferred for her to stay in his room locked for the day as long as he's not with her. At least Seokjin wouldn't let Hoseok come near her. 

"Bye," he said, forcing a smile while all he could feel was lost. 

She nodded as usual.

Seokjin left the room and walked downstairs. His mind was thinking of so many things; it was a mess up there. The arrival of Hoseok made him more insecure. He was insecure about Hoseok.

As he was walking towards the entrance of the mansion to go out, he heard a voice calling for him from behind. 

"Bro!" 

Hoseok's voice echoed in the pin-drop-silent living room. Seokjin stood there, waiting for him to come up to where he was. 

Hoseok came in front of him within a moment with a wide smile on his face. "Bro, let's go."

"Where to?" Seokjin asked, raising a brow.

"My office," hoseok replied straightforwardly, his tone was confident. He definitely read the unusual expression on his best friend's face as he continued with a tacky smile, "Sorry for reminding you of the truth."

Seokjin shot a glare at him before leaving the mansion. He sat in his car and put his feet on the accelerator, but before the car could move forward, The door to the passenger seat right beside him opened, revealing the mafia king. 

"Let's just go together," Hoseok said, settling on the seat and pulling the door close. He looked at Seokjin as if he were thinking something, then smiled, "Should I just sit behind?"

Seokjin's grip around the steering wheel grew tighter. He could understand what Hoseok was trying to imply. 

Hoseok laughed and said, "Don't worry, buddy. I was just joking."

Seokjin didn't spare him a look as he advanced the car forward towards the KimPark Office Building. The presence of his long-lost best friend was making him feel unusual, but somewhere he was relieved that he's here with him, not in the mansion with Sarang. 

Seokjin pulled off the car in the parking lot before grabbing his belongings, totally ignoring the presence of Hoseok, but he was sure to make him feel present with his talks or mocks.

"Nothing had changed," Hoseok remarked, looking up at the tall building in front of them. He turned his gaze at Seokjin and said, "But the belonger." 

Seokjin looked away; he couldn't tell what he was feeling. It wasn't anger or sadness. The presence of Hoseok was making him insecure about everything he had until now. It wasn't like he wouldn't give up on everything for his best friend, but there's something he'd fight for against his precious best friend, and he feared if he lost again, Hoseok.