Chapter Six: Fixer

A few weeks earlier.

As the sun gleamed like jewels in the sky, casting long shadows across the sprawling estate, a sleek black Cadillac glided through the wrought iron gates of the Moretti mansion. The gravel driveway crunched softly beneath its tires as it made its way toward the grand entrance.

The Moretti estate sprawled across acres of meticulously manicured gardens, with towering oak trees dotting the landscape. The mansion itself stood as a demonstration of wealth and power, its imposing facade illuminated by soft golden lights.

Massive pillars flanked the entrance, leading to a set of ornately carved double doors. The windows glowed warmly from within, offering a glimpse into the opulent interior beyond.

Surrounding the mansion were lush gardens, meticulously landscaped with vibrant flowers and winding pathways. Beyond the gardens, the estate stretched out into rolling hills and dense forests, a secluded sanctuary for the Moretti family.

As the Cadillac came to a stop, Giovanni Moretti stepped out, his tall and lithe muscular frame filling the space with an air of confidence. His chiseled features were framed by dark, tousled hair, and his piercing eyes scanned the surroundings with a sharp intensity.

Dressed in a tailored suit that hugged his slightly broad shoulders, Giovanni exuded an aura of power and authority. His strong jaw was set in a determined expression, hinting at the shrewd businessman that lay beneath the polished exterior.

With a swift and purposeful stride, Giovanni made his way towards the entrance of the mansion, his footsteps echoing against the marble floors of the grand foyer. Despite his imposing presence, there was a hint of warmth in his gaze as he greeted the staff with a nod, acknowledging their presence with quiet respect.

Giovanni barged into his older brother's office with a grin plastered on his face. "I'm back!" he announced, his voice brimming with excitement. "Tell me you missed me, bro. Don't be shy!"

Lucio swiveled his chair, his expression stoic, and hurled a dagger straight at Giovanni, who dodged it with practiced ease. The dagger embedded itself into the mahogany door with a solid thud.

"Where have you been?" Lucio's stern tone matched his intense glare, enough to send maidservants scurrying away.

Gio took a deep breath, slowly approaching his brother and placing a suitcase on his desk. Lucio raised an eyebrow, prompting Gio to explain. "Have pity. Do you know how much trouble you caused Nikita to get your money back? Why would you even use REAL unmarked cash to lure this little rabbit to your den?"

Lucio remained silent for a moment, opening the suitcase to inspect the cash before closing it again. "Make sure you pay Nikita for the service she rendered."

"Will do," Gio snapped, taking a seat opposite his brother. "Are you sure you really want to recruit this rabbit and his forest friends?"

"Why?" Lucio didn't look up from his laptop, engrossed in reviewing the ledger.

"Why?" Gio asked incredulously. "They're not cut out for the life of crime, Lucio. They're all a bunch of clowns!"

"I'm only after the rabbit. The forest friends are collateral, but I can make use of them," Lucio explained, his tone dripping with calculated intent.

Gio's forehead furrowed in confusion. "You're a fucking enigma."

Lucio's grin was sinister. "Hey, you're the one who said they're all a bunch of clowns. I need them for a circus."

"But what do you really want with this little rabbit?" Gio leaned forward, still not quite sure what his brother was after. "Don't tell me you're planning to introduce him to grandma?"