Chapter Forty-Five: You Were Meant for Me

**Trigger Warning: This chapter contains themes and scenes that may be disturbing to some readers, including but not limited to emotional manipulation, blackmail, substance abuse, and explicit sexual content. Reader discretion is advised. **

♡.﹀﹀﹀﹀.♡

The scenario seemed like it came out of a novel. Enzo decided that it would be best if he, Lucio, and Emilia talked privately, away from Lucio's company and his friends. Giovanni agreed and offered to take Giorgio, Fonsie, Stefano, and Tina back to the hotel.

However, they couldn't stop discussing the situation as soon as they arrived.

"Do you think this was planned? Or Lucio genuinely didn't know anything about Enzo and Emilia?" Giorgio asked.

Fonsie gave him a cool look as he sat on the couch beside him. "Gie, can't you make up your fucking mind? Are you Team Lucio or Team Anti-Lucio?"

"I'm only trying to solve a puzzle here."

"You keep putting ideas in Enzo's head, making things worse! You know how complicated his relationship with Lucio is, right?"

Giorgio scowled. "I didn't mean to. And for the record, I am Team Lucio!"

"Yeah, whatever."

A vibrant chuckle interrupted them, and they all gazed at Giovanni in bewilderment. He seemed to enjoy watching them argue among themselves. Honestly, they were so preoccupied with what had happened that they had forgotten his existence altogether.

Giorgio was of course, annoyed. "Who is Emilia? Why is Lucio so chummy with her?"

"Chummy?" Gio grinned at the word. There was also a hint of incredulity in his tone that made it all the more aggravating. "My brother is always chummy with the ladies and tough on the men. You should see him host an event, then you will see what a two-faced bastard Lucio is."

"That explains his treatment of Enzo," Fonsie muttered.

"Then you're not watching closely because Enzo's privilege extends far beyond Lucio's generosity," Gio said, leaving everyone speechless. "Look, even if I explain to you what's our relationship with Emilia, you've probably drawn your own conclusions and I don't think you'd believe me. Better let Enzo explain it back to you once he has some clarity himself."

Giovanni was right, and they all silently agreed. Until now, they couldn't shake the doubt that this was another ploy from Lucio to blackmail Enzo, ensuring that he was ahead of the game. Surprisingly, Giovanni wasn't stopping them from thinking so. Given what his brother had put them through, it was hard for them to think otherwise.

Giorgio was still curious, trying his luck, he probed further, "Lucio and Emilia...they didn't...you know..."

"I know what?" Gio feigned innocence at his suggestive notion.

"You know what I'm trying to say!" Giorgio snapped.

Gio laughed again. After a while, his smile faded as he opened a bottle of whiskey. "No man approaches Lucio without getting burned, especially not someone drunk asking him for sex." His eyes met Giorgio's as he added, "And my brother's response was to sleep with him all night and decide then and there that he wanted to marry Enzo. Does that clarify things for you?"

In a minute, four pairs of eyes were fixed on him earnestly. But Giorgio was irritated, and couldn't help retorting, "You could've just said no!"

♡.﹀﹀﹀﹀.♡

Three.

Who would've thought that a time would come when Enzo would be facing his ex-fiancée alongside his husband? It felt weird to think that moments ago, he was so jealous of the woman Lucio was hugging. It turned out that it was the very woman he had once asked to spend the rest of his life with.

Son of the Devilजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें