Picking Up The Pieces

I woke up tucked into Alex's side with my head resting on his chest. My conversation with Rudd the night before had been forgotten. The first thing I realized was the movie was pause when the couple were about to do it. I rolled my eyes. Alex must've done that on porpose. The second thing I noticed was Ally and Jack cuddled together. I smiled. I wished they'd just hook up already, but that would be a mess. Just like if Alex and I hooked up.

Alex grumbled and I snapped my eyes shut to pretend like I was still sleeping. I didn't want to move just yet. He moved just slightly and I slid down his chest into his lap. My face was right next to his dick. Alex stiffened and I jolted away.

We both laughed awkwardly.

"Well..." I trailed off.

"Breakfast!" he exclaimed spontaneously.

My face lit up with relief, "Breakfast! Perfect. Race you upstairs?"

He gave me an evil smirk, "You're on."

I leapt over Alex's lap, but he pulled my down and rolled off the bed to the floor. He tried to get up, but I caught his ankle. I fell on top of him. He started to crawl under me. I knocked his hand out from underneath him to stop him. He fell, but rolled us over so I was pinned under him. He flashed me a smile and turned over to get up. He began walking. I latched onto his leg. He kept walking anyway.

"Ow! Alex, rug burn," I complained.

"Then get up," he laughed.

"Fine," I jumped up and then onto his back snickering. He was climbing up the stairs already.

"Neither of us can win if you're on my back," He reminded me.

I shook my head against his neck, "No, I'll still win."

"And how's that?" He challegened.

"Like this," I said and went for the doorknob. I jumped off his back and fell onto the hard wood floor of my upstairs. I winced, "Ow."

Alex stifled a laugh, "Are you okay?"

"I didn't think the through," I whinned.

"I see that."

I sat up. My elbow was red and it was bloody. I almost threw up. Ew. "I burned my elbow."

"Hold on," He commanded.

Alex picked me up and walked me into the kitchen. He sat me on the tall stools at my kitchen counter. I grabbed a paper towel and held it against my elbow to stop the bleeding.

"I'm going to get you a band aid. I'll be right back." I nodded and Alex left to go get a band aid from the bathroom.

I sighed. It stung like hell.

"Get off of me!" I heard Ally scream from the basement. I laughed. Her and Jack woke up cuddling.

"Why was your hand there?" Jack yelled back.

I heard stomping up the stairs. "You're a pig." Ally shouted.

"You're no prize yourself," Jack called.

Ally growled and walked up to me. She shook her head and sighed. "We have to get ready for school, I'm going to borrow- what happened to your elbow?"

"Alex and I were playing around, that's all," I told her, "And yeah you can borrow clothes."

"Thank you and feel better." She ran back down the stairs.

Alex came walking back in. He handed me my phone and grabbed a fresh paper towel to dab alcohol on to disinfect my wound.

"You left your phone in the bathroom," he told me and then mumbled under his breath, "Rudd's been texting."

I gasped, "Alex, have you been reading my messages?"

"No," he answered too quickly. He'd definitely seen something. He moved my hand and the old paper towel away from my elbow. Then he blotted his wet paper towel against my skin. I winced and I thought the cut stung before.

"I didn't check your messages or anything. I just happened to see his name on your screen," Alex shrugged.

He moved onto the bandage. He peeled the wrapper off and stuck the band aid on me perfectly. He smoothed it over with his hand. "There," he smiled at my elbow, "Done."

"What's your problem with Rudd?" I frowned.

Alex scowled and I saw his eyebrows pinch together giving him wrinkled on his forehead. "I don't have a problem." I gave him a disbelieving look. He sighed, "I just don't want you to get attached or anything."

I raised an eyebrow, "Attached"

"He's a player. He's just messing around with you. He's almost as bad as I am."

"Shut up, Alex." I glared at him.

"Look, I'm just trying to protect you. I don't want you to get hurt and he will hurt you," he inisisted and started to throw out the paper towels and wrapper.

"It's none of your business if he hurts me," I crossed my arms and tried not to cringed when I felt my arm scrape my elbow.

"It sure as hell is my business!" he barked, "I'm the one who's going to be left picking up the pieces!"

I scoffed, "Maybe we'll hit it off."

He laughed, "Yeah, right."

"You don't have to pick up the pieces if you don't want to," I snapped.

"I don't want to, but I have to."

"Then I relinquish you from having to deal with me," I spat at him and march to my room.

"Bye!" Alex screamed at me.

"Bye!" I yelled back.

"Whoa," Ally said shocked, "What was that about?"

I groaned, "Ally, help me pick out an outfit, I have some serious flirting to do today."

"Yay, hot new guy," she grinned and started to dig through my closet.

Alex was going to regret what he said.

A/N: Tomorrow's my last day of spring break (sigh) and it's Easter so I might not be writing tomorrow. It might be hard for me to write for a few days so if I can't get online sorry in advance.