Man Up, Gaskarth

A/N: Sorry for taking so long to update. It was mother's day, then my birthday, and today's my brother's birthday and blah, blah, blah. So many excuse. Don't listen to me, just read.

Alex had been avoiding me for a full on week now. It was miserable. I was miserable. First he was attached at my hip and now he was nowhere to be found.

Fortunately we both had detention for cutting on Monday. I slipped into the seat next to Alex.

"Friday detention, huh," I laughed just trying to get him to talk to me.

He mumbled a response and turned his head away from me. I sighed and turned away also.

"Hey," I mumured to the guy next to me. He looked me up and down then nodded back.

 Alex turned back to me again and I did the same with him. His chin rested in his palm with it's elbow on the desk in front of him.

"Hey."

I raised an eyebrow, "So you're talking to me now?"

"Look Jules, I don't want to talk about it," he groaned.

"Okay," I mumbled and then perked up, "Wanna hang out tonight?"

He hesistated for a second, "I don't know..."

I scowled and rested a hand gently on his arm. He shifted away. "Alex, come on. I'm trying here. what did I do?"

"You didn't do anything!" he exclaimed.

"So what's wrong?" I asked confused. Why would he be dogging me all week if I hadn't done something. I don't know. I thought on Monday everything had gone back to normal. No more Rudd in the way, just two best friends again. I guess not.

I saw him grimace. His eyes looked pained. He lifted a hand and wiped my cheek. "Come on, Jules, don't cry."

I moved away and rubbed my cheeks violently. He groaned, "You're going to hurt yourself." I kept going. "Stop," he commanded, "We can hang out."

"Really?" I slowly removed my hands from my face to glance up at him through my eye lashes. He visibily gulped. What was wrong with him? What was I doing wrong? I decided I'd ask him later about it. When people weren't here to listen. Maybe he just didn't want to admit it to the world.

We sat in silence the rest of the time remaining. The teacher dismissed us early because we were 'well behaved'. In reality even the teachers don't want to be sitting around babysitting us on a Friday.

Alex and I walked out and into the parking lot.

"So," he shovled a hand in his jean pocket and readjusted the strap for his backpack on the other one, "Do you need to follow me home in your car?"