The End [Part 1]

A/N: I know I said we only have a couple of chapters left then i'd do a squel but I decided to go another route. You'll be able to see what I mean soon. Also I've never gone to a prom because I'm not even out of high school yet so don't judge me too harshly on the specifics of prom. I geniunely only have an idea from the movies.

Alex's POV

"Ready?" Eric, Jules' dad, asked me.

I nodded readily, "I can do this. Janitor's closet."

"Okay, come home with my daughter," he smiled and patted me on the back.

Jules' POV

I'd hoped that Alex would man up and asked me to prom, but he didn't. And now it was time. Ally, Cass, and I were all dressed up and ready to go. Jack's prom date Sara, Zack's prom date Meg and Alex's prom date Melissa had gotten ready with us too. We were standing on the front lawn waiting for the guys to pull up with the limo.

I smiled when I saw the limo pull up and the guys get out. My nerves calmed down when I saw Henry come out with the guys, Ally's prom date Jared. The guys walked up to us and slipped their flowers onto our wrists. Henry got me a blue flower to match my long, blue, strapless dress. I kissed him and we smiled at each other. So he wasn't Alex. He was good enough.

Our parents took a million pictures and finally sent us off to our senior prom. The ballroom was decorated nicely and the night was going smoothly. When I was dancing I couldn't help but glance over at Jack and Ally with their dates every once in a while. It was so unfair. I could see how perfect they are together how come they couldn't.

Ally's POV

I walked over to the food table to get punch. My hand reached for the laddle, but another hand bumped mine and stopped me. I drew my hand back and looked up.

I smirked, "Jack."

"Ally," he nodded, "Want to wait until I spike this baby?" He showed me a flask in his jacket pocket. I laughed. Of course Jack would decide to have a little fun with the punch.

I shook my head and poured myself a glass. "You know what, Jack?"

"What?" he asked intrigued.

"You could do way better than Sara," I sipped my punch.

He scoffed, "Like who? You?"

I choked on my punch and forced myself to sallow. "Who said anything about me?"

He narrowed his eyes, "It's so obvious you want me."

"Please," I scoffed, "If anyone wants anyone it's you... wanting me."

He shrugged, "So what if I do?"

"Do what?"

"Want you. What are you going to do about it?" he challenged me.

I rushed in to kissed him. I cupped my hand around his neck. He was frozen at first, but he came out of it eventually and started moving his lips with mine. I moved back and gave him the tiniest smile, "That's what I'm going to do about it."

A big, stupid grin spread across his face. "Want to dance, Ally?"

I smirked, "Maybe later. You have some punch to spike."

I started to walk away but he caught my waist and kissed me from behind. He pulled back and smirked, "You're not getting away that easily."

Then he started to kiss me again.

Jules' POV

An arm reached up and pulled me into the hallway. I was dragged blindly into a janitor closet. The door shut and a light flicked on. My eyes took a moment to ajust but pnce they did Alex was kissing me. I pushed him gently off me.

"What are you doing?" I breathed out quietly.

He beamed, "Jules, we're supposed to be at prom together! Even when we were kids we said we'd go to prom together."

I frowned and when he saw his face fell too. "Then why didn't you ask me." When he didn't say anything back I continued, "I waited. I avoided Henry for a week then you said you were taking some other girl."

"I thought you didn't want to go with me, I assumed you'd be going Henry," He explained.

My cheeks flushed with anger and my hands fisted up at my side. I yelled, "So now was the right time? You definitely know I want to go with Henry because I here with him."

He scowled, "Fine, go back to prom."

I went to reach and turned the door knob, but my hand fell back to my side. I looked back at him. He raised an eyebrow.

"Tell me not to go, Alex," I begged with tears brimming at my eyes.

"I-I can't do that," he whispered.

"But you told me..." I drew in a deep breath to stop the tears.

"I told a lot of girls a lot of things. I never thought you'd be one of them."

I wanted to call him a lot of things. I wanted to call him a liar and a coward, but instead I settled for something else.

"You codfish," I snapped bitterly.

"Codfish?" He perked up, smirking at me with humor in his eyes.

"Yeah, it's Peter Pan. Better than calling you a coward."

"I'm not a coward," he snapped.

"Then why are you so afraid to fight, huh?" I asked.

"Fight who?" He groaned with exasperation.

"Fight me, fight Henry. Fight Henry for me!" I screamed, "You're afraid!"

"I'm not afraid!" he growled.

"Then what's wrong? What did I do?" I sucked in the tears.

"You didn't do anything," his eyes soften as he whispered it.

"So what are you afraid of!" I screamed.

"I'm afraid of losing you!" He yelled back then lowered his voice, "Okay? I don't want to lose you."

"You're already losing me, Alex," I whispered.

"Wha-."

"It was Henry or you. And you made it clear it wasn't you."

"Jules, I'd do anything for you. I'd give you anything, you know that. What do you want?" he pleaded.

"You'd give me anything, but what I want," I sighed.

"Which is?" He waited in suspense. It seemed like years to both of us, but it was only seconds.

"You," I started crying silently.

"Jules..." he reached out to hug me.

I stepped back with a weak smile. "You don't have to love me, Alex. We can just see each other at reunions. Maybe I'll be married with kids photographing bands and you'll be famous with fans and a model girlfriend. Maybe my kids will be fans."

"But Jules-."

I stopped him, "Bye, Alex."

I left the closet making sure to shut the door behind me. I took a deep breath and wiped underneath my eyes. I took another breath and went back to the ballroom.

"Hey," I forced a smile at Henry.

He turned away from the guy he was talking to and smiled, "Hey."

"Wanna dance?" I asked.

He took my hand and lead us out to the dance floor. I wrapped my arms around his neck, he placed his hands on my hip. I rested my head on his chest and sighed. From the corner of my eye I saw Alex dancing with Melissa. I guess it was over.

A/N: As I said in the above A/N it's nowhere near over, yaaaay! I'm combining the squel into this book and just skipping time foward so it won't be a hassel to find the new story. Anyway what did you think of Alex and Jules? Or Jack and Ally? They finally got together right when Alex and Jules break apart. Life's unfair. Comment, vote, and fan!