What Are You Trying To Prove?

I readjusted the low cut shirt (not too low cut. An arguement Ally and I had wasted a good twenty minutes on- she wanted to go lower) Ally had picked out for me. Then I smoother out my skirt while stepping out of my car. We walked up to the school. I felt myself losing my nerve once Alex was in sight. He was talking to Jack and had yet to see me. I stopped and Ally copied me.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

I gulped, "I don't know if I can do this. Alex is going to be so mad."

She took a deep breath, "Just remember Alex said Rudd couldn't even like you, he's never ask you out."

I narrowed my eyes at Alex from a distance, "Let's go."

She smiled and followed me up to Alex and Jack. Alex turned to me. His eyes grew wide and I saw him visibly gulp. Then his eyes narrowed. They became dark and hooded. I suppressed the shiver of fear that ran down my spine. Shit, I thought, I should've avoided Alex until after I talked to Rudd and proved my point.

"What are you wearing?" Alex asked me through clenched teeth.

"Clothes," I squeaked out. This was a mistake.

"Take it off," he commanded.

I raised an eyebrow, "You want me to take off my clothes?"

He shook his head, "No, I mean go change."

I grinned, "No time."

"Gym clothes," he ordered.

"No."

He scowled, "What are you trying to prove?"

"I think you know," I smirked.

"You go girl," Ally snapped for fingers sassily. We all turned to look at her for a second. She grimaced, "I can't pull that off, huh?"

"No, you can not," Jack muttered with a playfully smile.

Alex and I turned back to each other.

"I'm just looking out for you," he snapped and took a step closer to me.

"By being a jerk?" I spat and took a step closer also.

We were both growling and breathing heavily. Our faces were too close for a normal conversation. I searched his deep brown eyes. What was he thinking? I'd kill to know what was going on inside his head. Usually I could always read Alex. He was my best friend.

At the words best friend I felt a pang of guilt. I missed Alex already and even if we were fighting it still felt nice to have him so close. I wanted to hug him, but we were angry with each other so I kept my game face on.

"Hi, Jules," Rudd said.

I jumped a step back from Alex, "Hi, Rudd."

Alex took a step closer to me. "Yeah, hi, Rudd," Alex scowled.

Rudd barely acknowledge him. He was too focused on me.

"So I wanted to ask you something," he began, "Before we got interrupted last night."

"Uh-huh," I nodded lamely.

"Would you like to go out Saturday?" He was so cofident and sure of himself. Like there was no doubt in his mind I'd say yes. He was like Alex and a part of me (One possesed by Alex most likely) wanted to say no just to knock him down a peg, but my automatic response was to say, "Yes." Just as Alex said, "No."

Alex and I sent each other annoyed looks. This was none of his business despite him feeling the need to pick up the nonexistant pieces.

Rudd smiled, "So yes."