Chapter XIII

(Trigger Warning: Self harm)

Lucifer sighed in annoyance as he stepped over to the smaller Sinner, grabbing her by her wrist to bring her to the couch and take care of her elbow. He sat her down, a frown on his face as he grabbed a tissue and a bandage out of nowhere and pulled her sleeve up. (Y/N) was looking over at Angel with worry, her lips pressed together. Cherri had only brought the two of them to the start of the hill. The smaller Sinner had taken Angel Dust over her shoulder and thought she'd get him up the hill without problems. Turns out, she didn't. She fell and bruised and scratched open her elbow, while Angel fell straight on his face. In his state, he didn't notice anyways, but (Y/N) still felt terrible about it.

"You really can't stop drinking, can you? Bet you'd drink yourself to death, if you could die from it here, just like you did when you were still alive. Just how could humanity sink so low?", the king of hell asked rhetorically and with his voice full of spite. The woman turned her head to him, the rest of alcohol in her system making her bolder than she would usually be. If she had been sober, (Y/N) would have just taken it and be quiet, but that wasn't the case right now. "You think I drank myself to death? For your information, before coming to hell, I barely touched alcohol at all. I turned this way because of the place you rule over and because of your people!", her voice had gotten a bit louder, and Lucifer had stopped in his tracks as he was about to wipe the blood of her arm. Of course he didn't expect her to say that, but she could be lying at the same time. "Of course, of course. It's all my fault, bitch.", he replied coldly and roughly grabbed her arm to wipe her blood off it. Without much care for her comfort, Lucifer wrapped a bandage around her elbow and once he was finished, he wiped his hand at his coat in disgust.

(Y/N) bit her bottom lip to keep herself from insulting the king of hell, but it was no use. Her self-control had shrunken, and her boldness increased. "Well, I didn't create this place, did I? You were the one who had to gift humanity a free will. Sure, nice to be able to live your own life, but none of us would have to be here, if you hadn't given Eve the fucking apple!" The woman was now yelling at him and turned away, storming off. A tear escaped her eyes as she finally reached her room. She felt bad and guilty for yelling at Lucifer like that, despite him being a dick. (Y/N) knew she had to apologize, but she couldn't just swallow her pride at the moment. Another tear rolled down her cheeks. Why was she crying? Maybe because she had been able to see the hurt in his eyes for the fraction of a second and knew she had hit a nerve there? The woman felt just so sorry, but it was too late for that now.

She grabbed her blade out of her nightstand and started cutting into her arms soft flesh. The blood immediately rolled down her arm and onto the floor. A sob escaped her lips silently and she wanted to hit herself for being so stupid and acting on the alcohol in her body every time she interacted with others. More cuts were quickly added to (Y/N)s arm as more tears ran down her cheeks. Why did she always fuck everything up?

A knock on the door caught her off guard and she quickly hid her razor blade in her nightstand but didn't care to cover her cuts with her sleeve before opening the door. Lucifer was standing there, his expression full of annoyance and anger. "Don't you fucking dare to just walk away again. We're not done here." He spoke coldly and stepped inside without asking for permission before he closed the door behind him. "What in the unholy hell made you think that you had any right to say what you said back there?!", the fallen angel started yelling and stepped closer, while (Y/N) stepped backwards, fear rising. She remembered how Alastor had entered her room as well and as she refused his deal, he got violent. "I- I didn't mean to-", "Yeah sure. I'm so fed up with all your bullshit! You don't seem to learn at all and all you do seems to be to make my blood boil. Do you have fun making me mad?!" (Y/N) shook her head submissively, her hands close to her body. "N-no! I- I just-", "What! Why is it you can't stop making me so incredibly angry every time we talk?!" When Lucifer stepped even closer to the small Sinner, she flinched in fear, turning her head away and raising her arms in front of her face to protect her.

Lucifer stopped for a moment, confused by her sudden reaction of fear. She had never shown him true fear before. It made him hesitate for a moment. Was she scared of him hitting her? Sure, she was a piece of shit in his opinion, but he wouldn't strike her. That's when he noticed the cuts on her wrist. The cuts were fresh and still bleeding slightly, making Lucifer take a step back again in shock. (Y/N) was hurting herself willingly? Why? He didn't know how to react to that, but he suddenly noticed everything around them. From the fresh blood on the floor, to the slightly broken bed post of her bed, to a few small glass shards left on the floor. His gaze fell onto a dark bruise on the side of the womans neck and Lucifer quickly took another step back. It dawned on him that he was having a completely wrong view on the girl in front of him.

"I- I'm sorry, I didn't know.", Lucifer spoke calmly, his eyes softening. (Y/N) looked up at the fallen angel and stared into his eyes in shock. Then she saw the cuts on her wrist and quickly hid the cuts by pressing her arms against her torso. Her fear started consuming her. He saw the cuts, he knew what she was doing. "P-please don't tell anyone! Please, Lucifer, I'm begging you!", the woman whimpers and turns her body away from him, her eyes still looking into his in fear. Her body started shaking and she took another step back, but there was no space left now.

The look in her eyes made Lucifer feel terrible for all the bad things he had said to her or thought to himself. How could he have known that there were still so many bad things going on in her life, despite living in his daughter's hotel. Lucifer decided to take another step towards her again, which only resulted in (Y/N) flinching again. He raised both his hands to show her he didn't mean any harm, but that still didn't really help. The king of hell saw how tears of fear and desperation left the Sinners eyes and she squeezed her eyes shut, shielding herself from him with her arms. Any other Sinner he knew would have fought back or use magic to shield themselves, but she didn't. Didn't she possess any magic? It wasn't too uncommon for a Sinner to not have magic, but it still surprised him and made her look so much weaker in his eyes.

Lucifer closed the space between them and wrapped his arms around her shaking body, earning a surprised gasp from the Sinner. He gently walked to her bed with her in his arms and sat down, settling her down on his lap. For a moment, he was unsure if this was the right thing to do, but as (Y/N) wrapped her arms around his torso and started sobbing, he knew he did the right thing. She tried to hold her cries and sobs back, but failed, her tears rolling freely now. The fallen angel patted her head with one hand, his other rubbing soft circles into her back. With the softest and sweetest voice he could muster, Lucifer whispered into her ear: "Everything is okay. You're gonna be fine, sweetie, trust me. I'm here for you, okay? Try to take deep breaths and calm down, okay? Can you do that for me, sweetheart?" It seemed to be helping and (Y/N) was slowly starting to calm down. Once her grip on his coat had lessened, he took her hurt arm into his hands and his magic surrounded him and her cut open wrist. The wounds quickly closed, not leaving a single trace behind. (Y/N) looked up at Lucifer in shock, before looking back down at her now fully healed arm. "I- Th-thank you, Lucifer..." With a soft smile that was real this time, he replied:

"You're welcome, darling."

----------------------------------------

And that was Chapter 13... We hope you guys enjoyed it so far. Finally both get to actually know each others... better sides? Enjoy it while it lasts....

 Anyways, we might add some art later.

Writing: Moon

Inspiration: Us Both

Simping: Us Both

Word count: 1540