Chapter XXVII

(Trigger Warning: Substance abuse)

Once everyone had walked through the portal back to the hotel, (Y/N) shot Lucifer a glare before making her way to her room. He was carrying Serena bridal style, checking for any more injuries. The Jealousy in the Sinners chest only grew as she bit back her cries of pain when walking up the stairs. How could Lucifer care so much about this woman he didn't know at all when he took weeks to warm up to (Y/N)? This just wasn't fair. She had tried to better herself for him, only for Lucifer to throw her aside like trash when a new woman came along. But could she blame him? She was taller, had a more feminine and curvy form and her whole appearance was so much more graceful. (Y/N) despised her, without even knowing her. Her and Lucifer had just started having a connection and now he turned any chance she would have had with him down for this new hotter woman.

(Y/N) arrived in her room, slamming the door before her injured leg gave in and she cried out in pain. She pulled her dress up, exanimating the wound that looked like a snake had wrapped up around her leg, leaving nothing but bones and muscle strings behind. Fuck it, she didn't need Lucifers or anyone's help! The woman would take care of it herself and leave Lucifer to have fun with his new object of interest. When she tried to touch the wound, a loud cry of pain escaped her lips, just like the tears started rolling down her cheeks. Why did her heart hurt so much right now, it almost overshadowed the pain in her leg. Why did she have to care about that stupid angel so much? The sobs finally escaped her lips and her body sank to the floor to sulk in her anger, jealousy and heartbreak.

After a while of just laying there and crying, she finally got it together again, at least somewhat. She dragged herself across the floor to her shelve, grabbing a bottle of whiskey, some sort of cloth and a bandage. In her time alive, back when she was working as a florist, she had cut herself many times with branch cutters, flowers and more, no big deal, she could take care of this surely. (Y/N) drenched the cloth in the strong alcohol before her shaky hands brought it closer to her wounded and ripped open leg. She couldn't watch and turned her head away before pressing the soaked cloth against a small part of the room. A scream of pain escaped her lips and she grabbed a nearby piece of clothing to bite down on it as the alcohol burned on her exposed flesh. Despite the indescribable pain coursing through her veins, (Y/N) had to continue. More tears ran down her cheeks and she bit down on the piece of clothing harder to keep her screams in and keep herself from biting her tongue off accidentally.

The whole process felt like it was taking centuries, but once she was done, her wounds were bleeding slightly. With a shirt that was laying around, (Y/N) wiped the blood off the non-injured parts of her leg. Putting the bandage on was horrible as well, the fabric holding onto her flesh and irritating it at some parts and it took quite a while and a few bandages to wrap her whole leg up to keep dirt out. How would she able to walk like this? That didn't matter for now. She would just stay in her room, nobody would miss her anyways... Or at least (Y/N) thought so. A few hours had passed, when someone knocked on her door....

Angel stepped inside after the woman had called him inside. "Hey (Y/N)... You doin' good?", he asked carefully. The spider steps closer, his worried eyes scanning over her. (Y/N) had her leg hidden under her dress and made sure nothing was visible, so she just cracked a smile and nodded. If she'd talk now, her emotions would overwhelm her and she would surely cry in front of her friend. Somehow she couldn't let herself give in and let it out. Angel seemed to notice her distraught and emotional state and decided to sit next to her on her bed, ignoring the broken bedpost. He reached a hand for her, but withdrew it again, not knowing if she was comfortable with being touched at the moment. "Do you want to talk?" (Y/N) shook her head. "Maybe I can help you with distractions? We can go down to Husker at the bar if you'd like...?" Walk? That would be hard. But (Y/N) didn't want Angel to worry about her more than he already did, so she simply nodded and stood up from her bed. Let the suffering begin...

With every step (Y/N) took, she had to hold back her cries of pain. Sure, the pain she felt was still written all over her face, but Angel walked in the front, so he probably didn't notice. The steps were the worst, but once they finally arrived at the bar and sat down, the woman let out a relieved sigh. It was a miracle she got so far, after all, she couldn't really move her right leg from the knee down, but somehow she had managed so far. "A strong drink please... After today, I need it", (Y/N) forced out, trying her best to keep her voice from cracking. Husk seemed to understand that she wasn't up for much talking right now, so he simply nodded and poured the short sinner a drink. Once he handed it to her, she immediately downed it. She had tried to better herself for Lucifer, but since he had lost any sort of interest for her, she could care less about what he wanted right now.

The night arrived and (Y/N) had numbed her pain temporarily with the alcohol in her body. She had gotten more talkative after the substance started affecting her body and Husker simply kept the drinks coming. (Y/N) would have usually stopped herself from drinking more, wanting to show Lucifer that she was bettering herself, but now she drank more and more out of spite. He wouldn't care anyways. When (Y/N) was struggling to hold her head up, Husker gave her a bigger glass than usual, but when the woman tried to chug it down, she realized that he had given her water. Well, she probably had overdone it already and she didn't want to throw up, so she drank it before getting off her bar stool. "I'm going to bed. Thanks for this evening...", the Sinner spoke in a soft and genuine voice, walking back up the stairs. The alcohol was numbing the pain in her leg partly, making it easier for her to walk at the moment, despite the lost of balance.

When (Y/N) passed a room that was usually unoccupied, she saw that the door was slightly open and through the crack in the door, she could easily see Serena laying in the bed, still unconscious. She was gonna keep walking like nothing happened, when she heard Lucifers gentle voice from inside the room.

"I love you."

--------------------------

You guys are so gonna hate me for this, but I have no regrets. Love you too. Anyways, keep reading, we have a few fun things planned next and hope you will enjoy them ;D

Writing: Moon

Inspiration: Us both

Simping: Us both

Wordcount: 1242