Chapter XX

"(Y/N), put the pen down... Now!"

(Y/N)s eyes widened when she saw Lucifer, who seemed... Very angry, to say the least. Alastor seemed surprised by the sudden arrival of the king of hell as well. "Ah, your majesty... Can we help you?", the deer asked with a sinister chuckle, probably trying to defuse the situation. If Charlie found out about this, it might lead to some... unpleasant things... The short Sinner was too scared to speak or even move, the quill still in her hand as she starred at the fallen angel. She had definitely fucked up right now...

"Why in the unholy hell would you make a deal with a hotel resident?!", "I don't see where that is your business." Alastor stepped away from the short woman and towards the king of hell, his sadistic grin turning into a more annoyed one. As soon as (Y/N) was finally out of Alastor's sight, standing behind him, she dropped the quill and took a few steps back. The energy in the room had quickly changed and the tension made everyone feel even more on edge. "I'm sure Charlie would be thrilled to know what you have been doing to her newest resident. She might like you, but she won't let that slip... I'll make sure of it...", Lucifer growled through gritted teeth and Alastor knew that it was best to back down... For now.

The radio demon straightened his back. "Perhaps you are right. What a shame I wasted so much time on the little Suicidal lady...", as Alastor's words left his mouth, he glared back at his little target. (Y/N)s blood froze from the look in his eyes. This was far from over and she knew Alastor would use different methods from now on. Methods that wouldn't cause him problems with Charlie. He already had beef with Lucifer, that didn't matter to him, it only hurt his pride that he had to back down for now. With that, the radio demon left, a sadistic smirk on his lips as he pushed Lucifer aside.

(Y/N) was shaking and finally noticed the blood trickling down her shoulder from where Alastor had grabbed her. She wiped the blood off and starred down at her hand, partly covered in that crimson substance. At last, her legs gave in, and she sank down to her knees, unable to let out a single sound. Lucifer glared after his rival before he finally noticed the small woman being in a bad state, so he rushed over to her. "Are you alright? Did he hurt you?"- She didn't reply, too deep into that panicked state as she looked up at the fallen angel with tears in her eyes.

"Come here, let me see that.", he grabbed her arm softly, inspecting the wounds, before smiling softly and putting a hand over it. A golden and warm glow surrounded his hand and her shoulder and after a moment, the cuts were closed again. "There, do you feel better?" She did not. Sure, the cuts didn't hurt anymore, but the woman was still frightened and shook to the core. If Lucifer had been there a second later, she would have signed the contract, owing her soul to Alastor for all eternity. Fuck, how could she have been so stupid and gullible?! The Sinner raised her head, meeting Lucifers worried gaze. The king of hell got on his knees in front of her and pulled her into a warm embrace, a hand on the back of her head while the other one was caressing her shoulder blades. (Y/N) looked so tiny and vulnerable like this and he felt the need to protect her now.

A tear rolled down the woman's cheek silently and she held onto Lucifers coat, her mind finally returning to the present. Lucifer pressed her against his chest as he tried to calm her down and when he felt her stirring in his arms, he pulled away to look into her eyes again. "Are you feeling better now? Are you-", the woman was indeed crying, and Lucifer hugged her again, whispering into her ear that he's here for her. He was really glad he had decided to visit (Y/N) today. Otherwise, the little Sinner would have made the worst decision of her eternal afterlife and sell her soul. He couldn't let that happen and have that stupid radio demon gain even more power and control...

Once (Y/N) had calmed down, the king of hell picked her up and sat down on her bed with her sitting on his lap. Gosh, she was tiny, and it made him want to cuddle her until she felt all better. (Y/N) had wiped her tears off and silently watched her feet dangle over the wooden floor before she finally spoke: "dThank you... I- I don't know why I almost- I-", "Yeeeah, that was pretty stupid. I mean, you can't just sell your soul out of nowhere!" Lucifer paused and grabbed her face, squishing her cheeks before he kept talking: "What did he even offer in exchange for your tiny little soul? And what did he mean, when he called you Suicidal? You didn't cause the wounds from the angelic weapon yourself... did you?", His voice became stern, and he held her face closer to his.

"N-no, I- I didn't hurt myself with it- I- He- A-alastor just- uhm- It's- He-", the little lady stuttered, knots of fear and guilt forming in her stomach and chest again. Did she know him good enough to talk about how she actually died? By now almost everyone knew, but that still didn't change the fact that her and Lucifer had been getting along for maybe a few days for now. They weren't friends and she knew it, turning her head away from him. It hurt her chest as she thought back about what Alastor had offered... She could be free of her heartache... "A-Alastor promised me to... to take away my pain...", "Your pain?"

(Y/N) placed her hands on Lucifers shoulders, pulling him a bit closer, until their faces were mere inches apart. The Sinner nodded slowly, her eyes half lidden as she was about to close the space between their lips. But in the last moment she pulled back. What had she been thinking?! She couldn't kiss a married man! Lucifer was a loyal man with standards after all and he wouldn't lower himself to even kiss a pathetic Sinner like her, even if he wasn't married. The short woman got off Lucifers lap and turned away from him, hiding the shame written all over her face. "I... I think I need some time alone..." It took a moment for Lucifer to process what she was saying, and he wanted actual answers, but he also knew that it was not the time to pressure her. He simply stood up and walked over to the door. "As you wish, my dear..."

And with that, he left the room...

-------------------------------

We wanted to thank everyone for your nice comments. We've been going through a rough phase lately and those comments really helped keep us motivated. Thank you all!

Writing: Moon

Inspiration: Us both

Simping: Us both

Wordcount: 1200