Chapter XV

(Y/N) didn't remember how long she just lied on the floor and sobbed. Everything hurt, but she knew that if she didn't take part in Charlie's activity today, everyone would worry. The Sinner slowly calmed herself down and wiped her tears away, before pulling her sleeves down to cover the cuts. She managed to wipe the blood off her face, but her nose was still bruised. That's something she couldn't change... Looks like she did have to use the lie Alastor forced into her head.

Once she was in the parlor, Charlie was standing at her corkboard again, trying to think and concentrate. It was clear that she wasn't working on an activity, but something much more important, probably the same thing she and her dad had talked about. It was worrisome to see the princess of hell in such a state, but Vaggie was sitting on the couch and watching, so it must be okay. (Y/N) stepped closer and asked: "No activity for today, Charlie?" Both women spun their heads towards the newcomer and while Charlie seemed just stressed, Vaggie actually noticed the bruise on the Sinners nose. "Not today, sorry.. This is something suuuuper important", Charlie replied, quickly turning her head back towards her corkboard.

"Hey, uhm.. (Y/N)... You okay? Your nose..." Yep, Vaggie had noticed. "O-oh, it's- it's nothing, I just fell. I'm a little clumsy sometimes, no worries", the small woman lied, a nervous chuckle escaping her lips, but Vaggie seemed to fall for it. "Did you hear anything from Lucifer?", (Y/N) asks out of the blue, biting her lower lip slightly as she waits for a reply.

"He told Charlie that he would visit this evening, so he should be here soon. Why?", "Oh, it's just-" Come on, (Y/N), think of a plausible lie... "He and I needed to talk about something important." That wasn't too far from the truth, but the woman was much more interested in just watching him from a distance, so she wouldn't fuck up the bit of good feelings he had towards her...

Lucifer felt like a mess. He was slouched over his work desk, all of his tools carelessly thrown aside as he hid from the world. The memories of his wife were rushing through his head. He hadn't seen her in over 7, soon to be 8 years and he was tired of waiting. She had just left without a word, leaving him and their daughter all alone. Sure, Charlie was an adult already, but she was still suffering, and he knew it. He... hadn't been the best dad. Lucifer should have been there for his little princess and care for her, but he didn't. Instead he had isolated himself from all of hell and his daughter who needed him the most at that time.

The fallen angel just felt so terribly sorry for everything. But would the waiting be worth it? What if his wife never returned and he'd wait for her for all eternity. After all, she had left without a single word, not even a letter. Only her wedding ring had been left on her bed site. Why was he still wearing his own after everything? Nostalgia? Or maybe the foolish hope that she would actually return to him? Or did he keep wearing it for Charlie? He didn't know anymore. But every time he looked at it, he felt his stomach twist. Maybe it was time to let go and accept the truth... But why was he thinking about this now? Was it, because he had slept next to a Sinner woman? She was a handful and in no way anything like Lilith. Though, he had to admit, she did have her physical charms, but he didn't know her well. There was no way he'd do this decision for her or anyone except himself and his own happiness. Or at least Lucifer told himself that...

An hour later, a portal opened next to the hotels bar and the king of hell stepped out, his usual attire on. One could wonder if he kept wearing the same things every day or if he just had the same outfit multiple times. "Charlie! How's it going? Any new ideas?". Charlie turned her head towards her father and shook her head. He immediately walked over to her and pulled her into a hug. Sadly, he knew how she felt, and he wanted to be there for her this time. "I'm sure we'll figure something out. We still got 2 weeks until the meeting... I'm here for you this time.", he softly spoke into her ear and held her close for a few more seconds until he let go and took a step back. His daughter was smiling up at him again and had regained her motivation.

Then, Lucifers eyes fell on (Y/N). Her nose was bruised, and she sat on the couch, her gaze empty as she starred at Charlies corkboard. She looked so deep in thoughts and distant, her arms wrapped around her knees, pulling them to her chest. To be honest, she didn't look well, something was definitely up. He was about to walk over to the Sinner, but Charlie spoke again. "Where's your ring, dad?". Charlie didn't seem disappointed or angry, only confused. That question came sooner than anticipated, but he knew it would come at some point.

"I'm... I'm trying to get my life back and... I... how do I put this... I... I don't think she'll come back. It's just holding me back." Charlie did look a bit hurt now, but her eyes showed understanding. "I'm not gonna give up hope, but... I'm glad you are finally trying to live again... I'm proud of you, dad". Both Morningstars shared a sad smile before hugging one another again. They really needed it, especially after such a long time in which they hadn't seen each other.

When both of them stepped apart again, Lucifer thoughts returned to the small woman sitting on the couch. But when Lucifer looked over there, she was gone. She had probably walked to her room and despite everything, he felt the need to follow her. "I'll be back soon, Charlie", with that, Lucifer decided to follow the short Sinner to her room. He had just seen the door close when he turned the corner, so Lucifer walked up to her door and knocked gently. After all, he didn't want to frighten her. The door opened again, and finally he could see her again. He had been kind of worried after seeing the bruise on her nose and wanted to make sure she was doing okay. "O-oh- Lucifer, I- Come in". Lucifer stepped inside, closing the door behind him, just like yesterday. "What is it?". "Just checking up on you. Your nose-", he was quickly interrupted by (Y/N). "Oh, I just fell, nothing more." With a sigh, Lucifer relaxed a bit, glad that she was only clumsy, and nothing had happened.

"I'm so sorry for yesterday, (Y/N)", the king of hell murmured and brushed through his hair with one hand. "Why are you sorry?", "I shouldn't have fallen asleep on you. It won't happen again, I promise. Now, I have to get back to Charlie. Thank you for your time, dear." (Y/N) felt a stab in her heart when he spoke and quickly stepped forwards.

"Lucifer, wait-"

-----------------------------------

And there we got another Chapter. God, I am tired. And still 2 more days until I finally have some days off from work... Anyways, we hope you enjoyed this tiny chapter :D

Writing: Moon

Inspiration: Us both

Simping: Us both

Wordcount: 1257