The Bouquet of Roses (Side Story: Ruby)

A Month before the Vital Festival

Y/N was in his room without his teammates. As he was working on schematics for a driver. The door to his room soon knocked. 

Knock

Y/N looked to the door with a confused look. 

Knock

Y/N(Mind): Is someone else here?

Y/N soon thought who would be in Beacon during break. 

Y/N: Weiss and Ursula are back at Atlas, Yang and Ruby went back to patch, Nora took off somewhere with Ren going after her, Blake and Lucy went to Kuo Kuana, Naomi went to some tournament with Pyrrha, and Jaune left to go spend some time with his family. 

Knock

Y/N soon went to the door and opened it. He was soon greeted with Ruby who hugged him tightly. 

Ruby: Y/N, I've come to see you!

Y/N was soon stunned to see Ruby suddenly hugged him. She then gave him a quick kissed on the lips and pulled him close for another hug. 

Y/N: Ruby! What are you doing here? I thought you went back to patch with Yang?!

Ruby: I did, but then it hit me that you would be here all alone for a whole week all by yourself. So I took an airship here to stay with you today! I was super carful not to tell Yang! If she knew about my plan then I wouldn't have you all to myself! Now, let's go!

Ruby soon dragged Y/N away. 

An Hour Later

Y/N and Ruby were walking around the city of Vale. As they were walking they soon stopped to see that there was a small pre festival coming before the the actual vital festival. 

Ruby: Oh, lets go check it out!

Y/N: Do I have a choice. 

Ruby soon took Y/N to the festival. Ruby began to look around in amazement. As Y/N was looking around he soon notice Ruby was no longer in front of him. 

Y/N: Ruby? Ruby, where are- .

Y/N soon saw Ruby in front of a shooting game. Ruby soon looked at some of the prizes and then her eyes widen when she saw what was there. 

Ruby: Oh, it's the comic book I've been looking for!

Y/N: A comic book? Why not go to one of the book stores to get it.

Ruby soon looked at Y/N with a look in her eye.

Ruby: It's not just any comic book! It the rare first edition comic book of Doom Man, signed by the creator himself! They only made fifty of the first editions! 

Ruby's eyes soon looked at the comic book with a burning desire in her eyes. Y/N then put his hand over his hand.

Y/N: Oh boy. I've seen that look before. 

Ruby: Just watch! I'll win these with just one shot! 

A Few Minutes Later 

Y/N looked at Ruby who was on the ground in defeat. 

Ruby: How can I lose in a game of skill! I have the greatest accuracy out of the both of us!

Y/N soon placed his hand out to the defeated Ruby. 

Y/N: Come on Ruby, you gave it your best shot. 

Y/N soon remembered how it went down. Ruby's first shot missed the comic by a slight centimeter. The second shot, Ruby hit a gift card that was next to the comic book. The third shot was a complete miss, the fourth shot she hit a stuff bear, and the last one she hit the comic but it didn't go down but just made it moved. As Ruby got up she then looked at the stand.