Muzzled?

Izuku woke up, feeling as though he was forgetting something important. He went through his mental checklist as he showered and got himself ready for the day: clothes are clean, homework is done, do we have a big test today? I thought that was next week? No, it definitely is next week. What am I missing? Everything should be fine, right?

As he was debating, he made his way to his bathroom. Getting ready to do his skincare routine and makeup, he looked in the mirror. Stupid scars, he thought, can't just disappear on their own. Concealer is super expensive too, and I don't know how much I have left until I have to leave the school and pick some up.

He finished moisturizing and was reaching for his bottle of concealer when he realized that's what he had forgotten. He ran out of concealer yesterday. He was supposed to pick some up when he got back from visiting his mom, but he got caught up in helping a mother with her kids.

He cursed under his breath. Nothing I can do about it now, he thought, they were gonna find out sooner or later. This sucks, though. Maybe I can make it through class without anyone asking questions? They shouldn't be too noticeable, right?

He looked back up into the mirror, examining his face. Yeah, never mind. They're super obvious. I'll just change the topic until they drop it. That should work, it has before. I just can't let the teachers see, because they seem to actually care. That's really weird, I was expecting to get shunned again. Though I do have a quirk, so it makes sense.

Before he could stir in his thoughts anymore, someone knocked on his door. "Deku-kun?" he heard Ochako's voice, "Are you coming down for breakfast? Bakugou-kun is almost done cooking."

He cleared his throat and tore his eyes off of the mirror in front of him, "Yeah, Uraraka-chan. I'll be out in a minute, I just need to fix my tie and get my bag together."

He heard a noise of affirmation before there were retreating steps outside his door. He got his bag ready and took a deep breath before meeting his classmates in the community kitchen.

He was greeted by chaos, but also by a plate set up between Ochako and Shouto, across from Tenya and Tsu. He set his bag by the door, near his shoes, before taking his designated seat.

He looked up as Ochako addressed him, "Oh! Deku-kun, you're here. I got worried when you took so long to get ready."

He paused in taking a bite of his omurice as her sentence trailed off– he could barely hear her last few words. He cocked his head in a questioning manner at her. She shook her head at him, "Are you okay, Deku-kun?"

He swallowed his food before nodding, "I'm fine. Why?"

She put her chopsticks down, "I've just- I've never noticed the scars on your face, where did they come from?"

He was duly aware that Tsu, Tenya, and Shouto's eyes were looking at his face now, "Oh! You don't have to worry, Uraraka-chan!" He rubbed his neck with his hand, "Those are old. They don't bother me. I usually cover them up because they're super noticeable, but I forgot to pick up more concealer on my way home yesterday."

The girl nodded, seeming displeased with the answer, before going back to eating. He could tell that she was holding back more questions, knowing that he didn't want to elaborate. He was grateful that she steered the conversation to a different topic, though he could still feel two pairs of eyes on him.

He soon figured out one of the people watching him all morning, as he was called to stay back, "Deku!" Katsuki shouted at him, "You're walking with me today."

Izuku nodded, "Okay, Kacchan!"

Izuku heard Katsuki grumbling to his group of 'extras' to go walk with the rest of the class in front of the two boys before the blonde showed up next to him.