Filling In Lost Time

"We all die." I told her, shrugging, lifting my hand up with the flames in it, looking her in the eyes, controlling the blood in her so she ingested the flames. "But tonight, the Vritra clan will fall, and its existence will die with you and me."

I watched as the dark red flames entered her body, her eyes drifted shut, and for a second, she fell unconscious. I just stood there, waiting, wanting to see the girl open her eyes and look at me like she cared.

It only took a short moment for her eyes to reopen, and when they did, tears streamed down her face. "Veer?" Sylvie said, and my eyes widened as I released my control over her body. "What, what happened?"

I jumped onto her, tackling her onto the bed. "Sylv." I said, holding her in my embrace, hugging her tightly, and as we just laid there, I felt her arms wrap around my back and pull me closer to her. "I'm sorry, I truly am, I never wanted it to be like this, but it was the only way."

"It's fine, Veer, I'm back." Sylvie said, her head in my chest. "But, but where are we?" As she spoke, I considered what I should do in this moment, I mean, I knew what I had to do, but I had just gotten her back, couldn't I just stay in this moment for a second longer. "Veer?"

"Yeah, about that." I said, releasing her, sitting up. "So, you've been, well, I don't really know how to say it without alarming you too much." I made it so she forgot the last couple months, the months she spent serving Agrona as his little pet.

Sylvie sat up with me, staring into my eyes with affection, caring, it was obvious she was looking for answers, but was happy to see me. "Just tell me Veer, I need to know." I could feel Nico moving in his room, he was still in it, so it didn't matter, it was when he left that it did.

"We are currently in Taegrin Caelum, Sylv." Her eyes widened even further than before. "To get you back after Dragoth killed you, I needed to regrow your body, but I didn't have the ability to place your soul back into it, however, Agrona did, so we made a deal."

"Veer, you didn't?" She asked questioningly, and as I nodded, she shook her head. "That's what I've been doing then, all this missing time, the reason I feel older, but not the last couple months, it, it's because Agrona mind controlled me?"

"Yes, after I brought you back, well, before I brought you back, Agrona and I worked together, for a short time." I paused, gathering my thoughts, just happy to be here right now. "Then eventually he brought you back, but I didn't know that it wasn't really you, it was just him using you as a puppet to obtain your abilities."

"Oh my." Sylvie said, shaking her head once again, trying to understand what was going on. "You've been fighting me then this whole time?" I nodded at her words, she was getting it, which was good because I was going to have to leave her soon. "I'm sorry you had to deal with that, Veer."

"It's fine, Sylv." I said, getting up from the bed, turning around though so I was still staring into her eyes. "Nothing really happened while you were out, or replaced, I don't really know what to describe it as, well, actually, a lot happened, but there will be time to fill you in."

"Alright, but how do you plan on getting us out of here?" She asked, and I shook my head. "What? You don't have a plan to get out of here?" I did, but I wasn't going to tell her what I was about to do, didn't involve her, and she couldn't be awake for it.

"Sylvie, I am going to go kill Agrona." I told her, and I could see and sense the surprise in her face. "I can't have you with me when I do, but there is something I need to ask you, and whatever your answer is, you need to know that I'll always love you."

"Wait, wait, Veer, you are going to kill Agrona, and you don't want me to go with you, why?" She asked, but I really didn't have the time for this, so I wasn't going to argue with her. "I want to see him dead as well, he might be my real father, but he wasn't the one who raised me, it was Arthur."