What comes Next

His eyes flickered around the room, to Regis, to Nico, and to me, widening as he progressed. "V-Veer?" Arthur said, his fist tightened, but he didn't move. "What? What happened? Why did, no, explain yourself?"

"Ummmm." I said, looking at him, knowing what I had to say, and knowing what I had planned to say, but actually saying it was different. "I had you killed." I simply stated. "But I revived you."

He didn't say a word, just looked at me stunned and confused. "He killed Agrona." Regis said, and at those words, he shot him an even more confused look, then back to me, like he was trying to see if it was true or not.

"Well." I didn't say those exact words, that I had killed Agrona, but if that's what he thinks. "Agrona is dead, Arthur, it's over, we won this battle." I looked away, running hand through my hair. "I'm sorry for everything, I'm really sorry I had you killed."

"You have to be kidding me." Arthur said softly, thinking about it, Nico went silent, knowing this really didn't involve him. "You killed me, Veer, you helped Cecilia, I, I can't believe it." He shook his head, Regis started moving around, heading towards Arthur's back. "You, you can't expect me to accept any sort of apology."

"I don't." I told him, shrugging. "And I am sorry, but it had to be done." I paused for a second, then went on. "I used our aether connection to get in here, knowing there was no way to teleport in using any mana."

"I don't care." Arthur said, not approving of the way I handled things. "I could have died permanently; I don't know what to say other than I don't think I can accept anything from you right now." I didn't need his acceptance, I really didn't care, I was just making it clear that I was sorry about how I did things, but I had to do what I had to do. "Even if Agrona is dead, you went too far with this one."

I didn't respond, I just stared at him, knowing that someone was moving once again, heading this way. "I'm with Grey." Nico said, holding the back of his neck. "I'm thankful, I am, Virion, but if I was in his shoes, I would be pissed at you."

"I understand." I said, looking at Nico, then to Arthur. "I don't need your forgiveness, I just want you to know that Agrona is dead, and we are now no longer at war with them." I told him, then sent a mental message to a clone. 'Take the shield down.'

Arthur slowly moved, pushing himself off the table, shooting me a disgusted look in the process. "Wait." He said, thinking, finally bringing something up I knew he would. "What about Sylvie?" His eyes widened a little. "She's here, isn't she?" He must know he's in Taegrin Caelum, maybe Regis told him through their mental link.

"Yes." I answered him, looking at him, then the ground, trying to show that I was sorry, even though I wasn't. "She's in her room right now." I told him. "Sleeping, I had a visit with her and restored some of her mind."

"Some?" Arthur said. "I need to go and see her; she's probably wondering where I am!" His disgusted expression changed to a happy one as he thought about his old bond, but for any of this to be worth it, I was going to have to hurt him a little more.

"No." I told him, stopping him from leaving the room. "She's still recovering, you can't see her yet, it'll mess her brain up." I lied, and he just stared at me. "Arthur, we should continue to talk about everything, what is to come, we need to."

"Veer." He said, and as he did, Regis drifted into the air, entering his body, most likely seeking aether to absorb. "There's not much to talk about, you may have saved the world from Agrona, but you lost a brother, a family, it's going to take some time to get over this."

"I also don't think you should fight the asuras." Nico said, but he had no part in this, not anymore, not until she arrives. "I know I'm not your brother, and I am not part of your family, but Grey, you can't let him do that either."