My New Army

I stepped through the portal that was going to take me where I wanted to go, and as I did, I activated my Beast Will, letting my body transform. My eyes flashed, and I appeared right beside Dragoth and Melzri.

However, it was what was around us, thousands, upon thousands of soldiers, vritra soldiers, Wraiths, half-breeds, all looking at the Scythes who teleported them here for me. Their eyes turned to me though as I stood there, surrounded by enemies who wanted me dead not so long ago. They probably still want me dead, but not after I speak, not after I tell them everything.

"The Devil!" Multiple Wraiths shouted, they were in the front rows all around me, standing, I was on a stage in the center of them, so they were looking up at me. "What are you doing! Kill him you fucking Scythes!"

"No." Dragoth ordered, his voice silencing them, but not that much.

"Let's kill him!"  A Wraith shouted in anger, mana flared even more, everyone pointing their spells at me as they built up, but they all froze as I released my aura, my complete aura, nothing held back, not in the slightest.

"Shut up." I silenced them this time, and as I did, Dragoth and Melzri knelt down on one knee, lowering their heads. "Agrona is dead." I shouted, and as I spun around, looking the Wraiths in their eyes, I could see them widen. "The Vritra race is dead."

"Impossible." Someone said, and I felt for my mana ring. "He's lying, he's lying." I pushed my aura towards the noise, and they froze, no longer speaking, then I pulled it out, the head of Agrona, a fake one, but real enough for them.

"Impossible?" I questioned, holding his head up for all to see. "All your leaders are dead, all because of me." Their eyes just tracked the head of Agrona, the Scythes before me didn't move, they knelt still. "They wanted to lead you all to glory, but they couldn't, they were weak, but I'm not."

"You all know who I am." I told them, they knew, they were calling me the Devil already. "I am Virion Leywin, the Devil of Dicathen, now ruler of Alacrya." At those words, a couple of them flinched, like they didn't like it. "If you think you can stand against me, bring it on, but there is not a single person here who can, it'll be a waste of your life."

I just stood there calmly, a serious expression on my face. "I will lead you all to paradise, to glory, we will conquer Epheotus, that's what Agrona promised you, well, I'l take his place." I pointed at the crowd, spinning around. "You all look at me as your enemy, but now, there's no reason to, I am now on your side."

"We all have a common enemy, the asuras, join me, bend the knee, and we can take them down." I told them, thinking about what else I had to say. "You all know what I can do, you've heard the stories, some saw me. I am the Devil, would you rather join, or fight against me?"

I paused for a second, holding my hands out as I continued pacing around the stage, my voice loud so all could hear. "How many more of you do I need to kill for no reason?" I asked, looking at a male Wraith, then a different Wraith. "Serve me, and rejoice, you'll learn what it feels like to win an actual battle."

'I have to say, you are doing pretty darn well.' Hades thought to me, and I smiled for a second, then went back to a serious expression. 'I think they see that you are the rightful leader, I mean, truthfully, you kill the leader, you become one.'

'I don't know if that's how that works, but I do agree, their expressions are changing.'  I told him, then went back to the crowd of Wraiths and half-breeds. "Agrona is dead, it's now your time to choose, fight for me, serve me, and we will win."

I went silent looking around, not having much else to say to them. They saw that Agrona was dead, the only thing would be if another Vritra lived, but there weren't any, I couldn't really prove that without bringing all their bodies here, which would be a pain in the ass.