The Last Keystone

(Two Week Later)

I was sitting in the garden with Tessia, she wanted to get out of the palace, and breathe in some fresh air. She was feeling a little sick after waking up this morning, so I volunteered to come here with her. It wasn't like there was much to do at the moment, so I joined her, everyone else was out doing something.

Bairon was pretty much done getting the people back to their homes, diverting the ones without homes to the proper locations, but our army here in Etistin was still large, big enough to defend ourselves in a sense. 

There was a shield array over two of the cities, we decided to give Etistin and Blackbend them, knowing they were important. Xyrus didn't need one as much, but it was going to be the next one to get one. 

Other than that, nothing has changed, if anything Tessia is closer to having the baby. The doctor said it could realistically come any day now, but he predicts another month before she goes into labor. I didn't know much on having a baby, so I trusted the doctor to make the right decisions. I wanted to do more, I just couldn't.

Regis was with my sister, protecting the Lances and her as they absorb mana from the horns. She didn't need protection, but he figured Tessia, and I needed alone time, which we really didn't, but I wasn't going to complain to him about it.

"What are you thinking about?" Tessia asked as I sat beside her with my arm around her. "Veer?"

"No, it's nothing, I was just thinking about the baby." I said, holding my other hand to her stomach. "We still don't really have any names picked out, we talked about it a little, but none that really make sense."

"Yeah, I know." Tessia told me. "I have some ideas, but it's hard to decide on any before seeing the actual baby itself. I need to see their face before I make any decision." I nodded, agreeing with that, but it wouldn't hurt to come up with names beforehand. 

"You are right, it's just so hard waiting for that moment." I told her, and she turned towards me, facing me now. "I know that I've made this promise already, but I'm going to do it again, Tess, I promise that after everything, even right now, we'll live a peaceful life together, and I'll always take care of you."

"I promised you the same thing, there's no reason to get me all emotional right now, Arthur." I could see her eyes start to water. "You know my emotions are all screwed up right now, I can't control anything." She through her hands up in the air as she started crying. "Look what you did."

"Haha, I'm sorry." I said, rubbing her stomach as I tried to calm her down. "I didn't mean to upset you, Tess, you know what I meant." She wiped her tears away as they continued to fall down her face. "Just relax."

"Damn you." She said, wiping them still off her face, I just went silent, rubbing her stomach, knowing if I said anything else it would just get worse. It took her a minute or two, but she got over it, and as she did, she spoke to me. "Where's Sylvie at?"

Sylvie and I bonded once again, my head is now a little bit crowded as Regis and her are now in it, but it was nice having her back. "I believe she is with my parents, helping them with something." I told her, looking at her now as she settled down. "You better now?"

"Shut up." I smiled as she said that, it meant she was, but it was funny seeing this side of her. "You know I get emotional; you don't need to make fun of me." I made a weird face at her; I wasn't making fun of her. "You know you are laughing at me because I started crying."

"Tess, I wasn't, I promise you that I wasn't ---" As I was speaking, I was cut off as Chul entered the garden. "Chul? Do you need something?" I asked, looking at him as he stopped right beside our chair, looking at me with his normal expression.