My Retainers

Virion Leywin

Standing before me were four Retainers, Lea, Draneeve, Echeron, and Harria, they were meaningless to me, but I figured since I was now in charge of the continent, I need to make sure the Retainers know their place.

"High Sovereign." Draneeve said as they all bowed their heads at me. "What is you want to talk about?" He was under my mind slave spell, so I knew he was loyal to me, I was going to do the same thing with these other three, knowing this was the best way to make sure everything runs smoothly.

"You are now Retainers under my control, Draneeve, Echeron, you were Retainers under Agrona, so you two know how things work." I said, looking at the two of them, then turning to the two vritra horned girls. "Harria, Lea, you two are new, Retainers of your own Dominion, picked from a bunch. How has it been going since you started?"

"Good." Harria said, nodding her head towards me. "It was chaotic at first, but I am getting used to it." I really didn't care about this, and the more I talked to them, the more I was getting bored, and it's only been a couple of seconds.

I looked at Lea. "Yeah, I'm in the same boat."

"Jeez, you guys are nothing like Uto." I turned and looked at Draneeve. "You were part of Agrona's like inner circle when Uto was alive, right?" I asked, wondering if he was or not, I wasn't completely sure, I still needed to absorb Agrona's memories.

"I was, but I was not a Retainer." Draneeve told me. "And I also didn't know Uto, I met him, and talked to him, but all I knew was that he was the strongest of the Retainers." That was clear to me, I still remember the day I defeated him. 

"I was just curious." I shrugged at him, I wish I had the mind slave spell when we had him captured, he would have been useful and fun. "Well, back to my point. When we go to Epheotus, you four will be responsible for your Dominion's people, the Wraiths are actually in charge, however, they try to stay out of the way of interactions with the humans when they can."

"I'm coming with you, correct?" Draneeve asked, and I nodded my head. "Okay, I was just making sure, I was excited to come with you." He was going to die, but he wanted to come, so I'll let him, he was smart.

"Yeah, that didn't really apply to you, Draneeve, I was talking to them." I said, then went on. "You aren't the strongest in your Dominions, but you are strong in a sense, that's what matters; however, I want to help you get stronger, you too Draneeve."

"How?" Lea asked, wondering how she could get stronger with my help. "You already helped create the serum that made me into what I am, how could you possibly make us even stronger?" 

I found something while I was here, and had my clones figure out how to use it, and when I did, I tested it a couple of times on the Wraiths, Glider wanted it, so I did it, and it worked, and then I did the same to Melody and Cassandra.

"I found this like vault thing downstairs, it was emitting something very strong, and well, I started to study it, found out it's like a big deal with ruins." I said, looking at the four of them with a nonchalant face like I had no clue what I was really doing with it. "I think Agrona used it as like a reward something, but like it's giving out free Regalias when I activate it."

"That's a Sovereign vault, there are a couple of them around the continent, when someone achieved something, they would go in and get a new ruin." I nodded my head at Draneeve, not knowing that, this is new information to me, which is pretty cool. "Do you plan on just letting us have them?"

"Yeah, I don't know see why now, again, another mistake made by Agrona, he didn't trust his people to obtain stronger spells." I paused, thinking about it a little. "I know he wanted his mages to focus on their singular spells so they would master them to perfection, but if he would have given people Regalias from the start, Dicathen would not have stood a chance."