Saviors Pt. VIII

Eleanor Leywin

"Everyone, prepare yourselves." Commander Virion trusted what I had to say. "Soldiers to the front, everyone else to the back wall." King and Queen Eralith came rushing over from the group of people they were aiding. "You two go with the people over there." Commander Virion pointed towards the citizens. "You can help the people through this."

"Father, I ---" King Eralith was silenced as the Commander held up a hand.

"Look at King and Queen Glayder, they are already over there, helping the people." Commander Virion said, I chuckled to myself, yeah, they were helping the people, more like they were afraid, but I shouldn't think like that about my King and Queen, even if they weren't technically my King and Queen. "Go, we'll handle this, son."

There were about one hundred men and women, soldiers, standing in between us and the entrance. If these are asuras that are heading this way, they'll kill these men in seconds, and I mean it, in seconds. I couldn't let that happen; I had to step in. "Commander Virion, order these soldiers to protect the portal."

"What do you mean?" He asked me, and I gave him a knowing look. "No, we've been over this, you can't go up there, you need to protect the portal." I took a step toward the entrance, knowing what I had to do, what Arthur and Virion would do, but my mother grabbed my arm.

"I am the only one who can hold them off." I told them, then turned to my mother. "You can't protect me forever, and you can't hold me back anymore." My mother was looking at me with wide eyes, my dad stepped up behind her, also looking at me with the same look. 

"El." My mother said, holding my face now with one hand. "You can't, if they defeated the Lances, how do you expect to handle them."

My father stepped up, grabbing me as well now. "Let them handle it, your mother is right, you can't defeat an asura even if you are one now."

"And they can?" I asked, pushing their hands off me. "I love you two, but please, if I was Veer or Arthur with these abilities, you wouldn't question them." They didn't say a word, and I looked past them and at Commander Virion. "Give me the order."

Commander Virion looked at me, then my parents, and shook his head. "You know the portal is the most important thing." I could feel the asuras slaughtering people in the tunnels, they were going to be here any second now, and if I did nothing, these men and women would all die. "Stay here and protect the portal."

I sighed. "There's someone coming!" I heard Abold say from behind me as I was looking at everyone around me now. "Stand your ground!" I turned to see what was going to happen, and in a split second, the six guards that were in the front died in seconds, getting cut and sliced down like it was nothing.

Abold was dead, I could see his body in half from here. The guards in front of us were trembling, their fear clear as day. The asura who had attacked the men in the front was standing on the top of the stairs, looking down on us. His eyes scanned the room, and it looked like he was looking into everyone.

He was a bald asura with a pattern on his head, it seemed like he was so calm, but that's when the second figure appeared, scaring everyone a little bit more. He had four arms, four eyes, and was clearly ready to kill someone, each hand had a sword in it, a pure mana sword. A couple soldiers in the back, well, most of them were backing up, afraid, even I stepped back.

"Virion, we can't let them be slaughtered, because they will be." Cynthia Goodsky said, looking up still as the asuras didn't move, but that was when one of them locked eyes with me, the bald one with the pattern on his head.