Welcome Back, Sylv?

Arthur Leywin

"Are you, okay?" Tessia asked, running a hand through my hair as we laid in bed. "Are you feeling a little better?" I was still dealing with a headache, I was asleep for a while, maybe a couple of hours.

"Yeah, that nap helped." I told her, and as I did, she laid her head on my chest. "I'm sorry we had to leave early, I just couldn't do it anymore, my head was spinning, it was getting hard to stay upright."

"It's fine, Arthur, there's no reason to apologize." She told me, assuring me that I shouldn't feel bad at all. "Your parents, your sister, they all understand what you went through, you died, you deserve some rest."

Right before we took a nap, I met up with my family, Ellie, my parents, the Twin Horns, what was left of them, and we just talked about everything. My mother was in disbelief, but she took the news better than I imagined, which was surprising. 

 "I know, and I am thankful for that." I told her, smiling as I laid there, just enjoying the moment with the girl I love. "I'm just tired of everything, I want it all to end." I knew it wouldn't end any time soon, but I just am tired.

"It will, in time." Tessia told me, sitting up in the bed, running a hand through her hair now, fixing it. "I know you want to rest, but I am hungry, and I need to eat something." I laughed slightly; it was the pregnancy. 

"That's okay, I need to get up anyways." I told her, sitting up as well, joining her, but I placed my hand on her chest, feeling for the baby inside. It didn't feel right, but I really didn't know what I was looking for or sensing for. "What do you want to eat?"

Tessia just smiled at me as we sat there on the bed, looking at one another. "I'm so happy you are back." She said, not answering my question. "I was so worried." I removed my hand and placed it on her cheek, then pulled her closer to me and kissed her.

"There's no reason to worry, I'm back now, Tess." I assured her, there was always reason to worry, but I just wanted to make her feel better. "Come on, let's go and get you something to eat." I got off the bed and held my hand out to her. "I'm sure my family wants to talk some more."

"Alright." Tessia took my hand, and I helped her up. "You know, we could get some food, then go to the training hall." I looked at her, wondering why she would want to do that. "The Lances are currently absorbing mana from the horns, slowly, but they are absorbing it."

"Is Mica here?" I asked, but she shook her head. "I'm sure she is still handling the dwarves back in Vildorial, making sure they are doing things properly." She was basically running it, which was nice to hear.

"Yeah, haha, you probably are right." Tessia agreed with me as I held the door open for her, and she stepped into the hallway. "Just Aya, Bairon, and your sister went, they told me when you left the room right before I followed you to the bedroom."

"Oh, that's good, the sooner they can crack into integration, the better, if it is even possible." I didn't know, I've never really seen it, nor did I have to do it, but then again, I do have a white core underneath my aether core, but I have an asuran body, so maybe, no, there's no point in even trying. 

"I want to try." 

"No, Tess." I told her as I took her hand, and we passed a couple of soldiers who bowed to us. "I'm worried that the corrupted mana would get to the baby, it could harm them." I didn't know how it worked, but I'm sure something weird would happen.

"Oh, I didn't even think about that, could the mana really, no, you are right, it could harm the bay, so there's no point in even trying." She told me as we turned the corner. "But we could still go and see the three of them after we get a meal."